We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Chat box colour in 1.8 update. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jochen
Jochen Sep 27 '17
I have a similar problem:

I want to change the background color of the chatbox and the message-box itself.
Does anyone know which values  I have to change ?

thanks in advance, Jochen
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Sep 27 '17
Jochen. This is a huge one. You will see that in the attached file. The trick is to keep the css changes from affecting other areas since the chat, mailchat, and messages page all use some of the same elements. There are several elements that have to be styled. You can use the colors that I used, or change them to your own, but you will need to keep in mind that the colors you use may conflict with the text, or the icon colors.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Sep 27 '17
Attachments:
  chat-messages color.txt (1Kb)
Jochen
Jochen Sep 28 '17
Thank you very much Darryl ,  I`try those settings, br, Jochen
Jochen
Jochen Sep 28 '17
Hey Darryl, you made my day !  It`s working !!!  Thank you very much !!! br, Jochen
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 6 '17
The admin panel layout comes from outside the theme "pulls from the Simplicity theme ", so no it doesn't change the admin panel components.  Not really much need for that since the only one that sees that area is the admin. The objective is to give the user a visually pleasing experience. 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 7 '17
Yea. I played around with it, but it looks like you would have to add the css to the admin html file in the Simplicity theme's master pages. I didn't try that, but they do already have css defined there.
Jochen
Jochen Oct 9 '17
Yes, I added snipplets of your code via admin panel to the Simplicity theme.
Works perfect !
Daniel
Daniel Jan 2 '18
Where do i exactly put this code that Darryl B give us?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 2 '18
You would paste it into the custom css box for the theme in the admin panel. admin / appearance / customize; then click on the css tab. You will see the custom css box under the base css display.
Jeanne
Jeanne Aug 16 '20
Thanks Darryl B, For the message color/text fix!!

James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
The poor suspension affects steering and handling, which puts you and other drivers at risk. If you’ve noticed issues with your vehicle’s ride, let us take a look. Indio Mobile Truck Repair
Pages: « 1 2