We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Privacy issues | Forum

ross Team
ross Oct 19 '15

Quote from ross This will be resolved in the upcoming update, please be patient. 

Stan
Stan Oct 21 '15
Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't actually answer my question which is when are we likely to see the next update?
ross Team
ross Oct 21 '15
There's no exact date, follow our blog, we'll keep you all updated. 
Peter Bogle
Peter Bogle Mar 7 '16
Any news on

"I found that even if a user selects the option within their privacy settings for entries in their personal newsfeed to be seen by friends only that these will still appear in the newsfeed of any user's dashboard. This seems crazy but apparently is just the way it is. The only way to prevent this is to remove the newsfeed widget from the dashboard page, which I have reluctantly done."

Still everybody can read all content of everybody in the main index-stream, even if privacy is set to friends or "I". Thanks.
The Forum post is edited by Peter Bogle Mar 7 '16
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 7 '16
These problems have been reported and marked to be fix in up coming build for over 3 years now 

Now ross we know oxwall has to abide by consumer law 

So this answer is not acceptable please rethink your answer and give us a build number when it will be fixed

Peter Bogle
Peter Bogle Mar 8 '16
For 3 years? It should be some altering of a sql-statement - how could this take this long time?
The Forum post is edited by Peter Bogle Mar 8 '16
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 8 '16
yes wont be long and be 4 years 
Musik
Musik Mar 8 '16

Quote from Peter Bogle For 3 years? It should be some altering of a sql-statement - how could this take this long time?
Peter, Tammy doesn't speak for Oxwall (neither do I, for that matter) and is overall bitter towards Oxwall in general. They shouldn't be counted on for estimates of any kind of fix and have been griefing others' posts in the last week to get a response from Oxwall on their own personal grievances. I'd count on team members to respond instead.
Peter Bogle
Peter Bogle Mar 8 '16
I hope so. But nevertheless this bug is critical and it is a showstopper for my project (and I think for most people). If there is no solution within one week in sight, I have to give up Oxwall and search for a replacement.

It cannot be such a big thing, so if anybody could help with an interim solution I can make in my installation until the final release has a fix, I would be happy. Thanks.
Musik
Musik Mar 8 '16

Quote from Peter Bogle
It cannot be such a big thing, so if anybody could help with an interim solution I can make in my installation until the final release has a fix, I would be happy. Thanks.
Peter, if you don't get an Oxwall reply right away, you may want to try the Custom Code Modifications section. There are a lot of user-made projects in there. Can't guarantee anything but it's a potential avenue for you aside from waiting.
Anitaku
Anitaku Mar 8 '16
Bitter or not. Tammy is right. 
It will be interesting to see what the teams excuse/response is towards this bug. 

There's quite alot that needs addressing and would be solved in a week if they were more open to working together and transparent about their plans instead of a half-assed road map that is barely followed or updated. 

I'm a huge fan of Oxwall. Ross is a great theme dev and person. It would be nice to see them actually address core issues instead if palming them off or brickwalling us altogether. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 8 '16
Yes I am bitter and I have had a gut full of see oxwall let people be scammed  out of there hard earned money

4 years now I have been here and all I see it it will be fixed in upcoming build that never happens

Everwhere you look here oxwall is breaking laws one after the other to a point that it's actually criminal 

Musik  you go and spend $1400 on something and in 4 years of being to get thing fixed nothing ever gets done 

How bitter would you be at being scammed for that long

Your only new here and don't have a clue to the extent of the shit that's going on here 

The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Mar 8 '16
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 8 '16
I have proven by law that have to provide fixes when a bug is found and they have to give a time frame as to when it's to be fixed and they have to fix it in that time frame 
Stan
Stan Mar 31 '16
Blimey- is this still not fixed?

I understand that Oxwall is free and that it's an amazing piece of software, but c'mon- this needs to be sorted...
Pages: « 1 2