We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mobile Customization | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
zack
zack Sep 19 '15
Can somebody tell me what folder or where to look,  for me to edit content from being seen on the mobile version of my website while the same content i edit from the mobile version still remain on the desktop version?
Taissa Team
Taissa Sep 21 '15
Zack, you may add a css/js custom code for mobile version in two ways: 

- via Custom text/HTML widget. Go to Admin Area > Mobile > Index/Dashboard section. 
- directly in the master pages of the mobile version of the theme you currently use. Go to ow_themes/yourtheme/mobile/base.css file or mobile_general.html. You can inspect element with Firebug and change necessary classes. 

After changing the code make sure you've cleared browser and site cache. To clear site's cache enable DEV_MODE. Follow the instructions: https://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug .
Note: that you need to remember the changes you made because as you do them in the file directly, they'll be overwritten while next update of the software.

zack
zack Sep 22 '15
Thanks for the help but is there a simpler way? When using a smartphone I just want my newsfeed to only show newsfeed, content, i want my groups page to only show groups content only, i want my event page to only show events content only and etc. I want it this way while using android or any smartphones 
Taissa Team
Taissa Sep 28 '15
Zack, I am sorry but I didn't get the idea of your request. Can you either rephrase it and give me more details for better understanding? For example, if you want to display Group and Event plugins on a mobile version, this is considered as custom code modification.
zack
zack Sep 28 '15
What im trying to say that if a user currently  use a smartphone and go to the newsfeed page  it will show the newsfeed yes but, it will also show a clips of other categories like, groups, events, links, blogs and etc on the newsfeed page. As well, if you go to other pages on a smartphone like groups, forums, and etc it also shows small clips on that page of other categories as well. 

What i am asking is there a way when a user use a smartphone an go to a certain page like forums, to have it to show forum. and forums only. No other categories should  be shown on that page.

Taissa Team
Taissa Sep 30 '15
Zack, what do you mean by clips - do you want to see newsfeed item (user activity) related to blogs/groups/events? If so, this is a custom code modification as these plugins are not available yet in the mobile version .
 As to going to other pages - groups, forums etc. please clarify  what you mean saying to see "small clips of other categories". What do you mean by clips? What do you mean by categories? Where do you want to see them exactly? Keep in mind blogs/events/groups plugins are not available in the mobile version.
Roselyn Gonzales
Roselyn Gonzales Jul 17 '23
Vous recherchez des telephones made in Vietnam de haute qualité ? Cherchez pas plus loin! Découvrez la prochaine génération de smartphones fabriqués au Vietnam, où la technologie de pointe rencontre un savoir-faire exceptionnel. Ces téléphones présentent des performances supérieures, des designs élégants et des fonctionnalités innovantes, tous fabriqués avec fierté au Vietnam. Avec une réputation croissante d'excellence dans l'industrie électronique, les téléphones fabriqués au Vietnam allient prix abordable et fiabilité, ce qui en fait un choix de premier ordre pour les passionnés de technologie du monde entier.
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 21 '23
At the same time, when they become faulty, they may demand more attention, which could include getting checked and rectified by a skilled and experienced technician. Fontana Concrete Company
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
We repair those all the time, but we also cover gasoline engines with the same amount of dedication. Buckeye Mobile Truck Repair
frederickgragg
Elevate your cybersecurity expertise with CompTIA Certification Exam CS0-003. Designed to validate your proficiency in identifying and addressing cybersecurity threats, this exam is your gateway to demonstrating your mastery in risk management, incident response, and governance frameworks. By earning the CompTIA Certification Exam CS0-003, you not only enhance your career prospects but also solidify your reputation as a trusted cybersecurity professional. Stay ahead of evolving cyber threats and prove your skills in areas such as penetration testing, vulnerability management, and security operations. With CompTIA's rigorous examination, you'll gain the recognition and credibility needed to excel in today's competitive cybersecurity landscape. Prepare to safeguard organizations and mitigate risks effectively with the CS0-003 Certification Exam.