We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

The theme is not a true "Responsive" theme - Simplicity | Forum

Tom
Tom Sep 20 '15

This needs to be fixed, this is the flag ship default theme. when you view the default theme on a mobile device you cannot see the entire site without scrolling around,.. it's really annoying. This theme otherwise is great,.. this just needs to be addressed though.

Please fix and update! Thanks!

The Forum post is edited by Tom Sep 22 '15
Tom
Tom Sep 22 '15
For those who actually want to view this theme on a phone properly,..

Edit:
**/ow_themes/simplicity/master_pages/html_document.html

Change

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=0">

To this

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=0.5, user-scalable=yes">

This is a damn shame,.. this is a beautiful theme,.. to bad it's not responsive :(

Joey
Joey Oct 2 '15

Quote from Tom For those who actually want to view this theme on a phone properly,..

Edit:
**/ow_themes/simplicity/master_pages/html_document.html

Change

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=0">

To this

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=0.5, user-scalable=yes">

This is a damn shame,.. this is a beautiful theme,.. to bad it's not responsive :(

Then its only harder to read 

I dont know why this theme work on a tablet, and not a mobile device.

yes you can use the mobile default theme but that have not all feautures.

Tom
Tom Oct 3 '15
Works on every device I tested.
Joey
Joey Oct 18 '15

Quote from Tom Works on every device I tested.
It works, yes. But you have to zoom on every page load :)
Tom
Tom Oct 18 '15
"initial-scale=0.5" check this... 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 28 '15
This works well on mine. It will allow the user to zoom out to the 1:1. The big problem was the message box being pushed up by the mobile keyboard, and the drop down notification boxes going off the screen, and not being able to zoom. Everything fits with this.
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=0.7, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=yes">

Of course I'm using the Samsung Note 4 which has a bigger screen. The 0.5 looked okay on mine as well. Simplicity definitely needs the user to be able to zoom in or out to see all of some of the elements.
Joey
Joey Nov 18 '16
But, it is still not responsive. Ah, responsie, ut on teleephone it is still horror
Tom
Tom Nov 19 '16
Folks,.. go with WordPress,.. I've given up on OxWall.
You do not have permission to reply this topic