We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[Answered] member inexplicably logged in - PART 2 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kami Barut
Kami Barut Sep 24 '15
Hello,

Although I was partially able to solve the problem with the cron job  (email me at kamibarut@yahoo.com for the details), I'd like to try a different approach.

Which field in which DB table do I need to modify in order to "manually" log a member off ?

Which value do I need to enter for that specific field ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kami

The Forum post is edited by Taissa Oct 2 '15
Taissa Team
Taissa Sep 24 '15
Kami, the reason is that your cron might not be configured properly as the cron jobs are responsible for that. If user signs out cron automatically delete this user from the database in   ow_base_user_online table, if not then cron deletes this user in a half an hour. Please check your cron configuration and settings.

Kami Barut
Kami Barut Sep 24 '15
Taissa,

Thanks for your response.

I provided the link https://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron to my web hosting company techs, they could not figure out a solution. 

I tried installing the cron plugin with my ftp credentials, it did not work.

Instead of having users logged on for six weeks for no reason, I just wonder if it is not faster to delete them from the table ow_base_user_online.

Can I go ahead and safely remove users who are unnecessarily logged in from the table ow_base_user_online ?  

K.

Taissa Team
Taissa Sep 24 '15
Kami, yes, you can just remove this users from ow_base_user_online table, but this will not solve your cron issue.  Take a look at this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/2322.
Kami Barut
Kami Barut Sep 24 '15
Thanks Taissa !

I think I'll just stick to the solution with the table.

I submitted all the oxwall cron documents to the web hosting team and they still have no clue how to properly run a cron job on their servers.

K.