We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

customize page button doesnt work | Forum

taha
taha Nov 24 '10
hi

my customize page button doesnt work & when i directly go to mysite/index/customize i cant delete a java script that causes this problem .....

i want to know how can i delete this code from my index page ..

thanks
Den Team
Den Nov 25 '10
DId you set this custom JS by yourself? If yes, you can delete it from database only. Or try the reset button.
taha
taha Nov 25 '10
thank you . but which section in database i have to delete this java script ...?
The Forum post is edited by taha Nov 27 '10
Attachments:
  l.jpeg (283.39Kb)
Den Team
Den Nov 30 '10
1) Go to this table ow_base_config_settings
Find in this table row with this javascript code in value field. Empty value if this row.

2) Empty all this table ow_base_component_place_cache

These should work :)
taha
taha Nov 30 '10
thank you ... its work ... but i have not "ow_base_config_settings " so i delete the code from "ow_base_component_settings" and empty all the "ow_base_component_place_cache" ... thank you dear addenster
idea
idea Dec 21 '11
but dear i didn't find that also .. :(
will you please describe it through it's screen shots step by step?
@Addenster
Dear there must be improvement in this sector because when ever one can update theme then due to java code cache the whole site get messed up there should be a solution to this, not me only most of face this issue due to this custom java code. 
Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 22 '11
Adding custom JS code is always a risk and that is not Oxwall problem. That is more a compatibility issue - JS we use may conflict with the JS you add just because of the different versions of some libraries. There is nothing can be done about this. The same issue can be faced in different software.