We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

A rather urgent and annoying installation problem. - ArrowChat | Forum

Rsex Conve
Rsex Conve Apr 21 '12

Alright, I hope I get a response to this ASAP. I purchased Arrowchat a day or so ago. I installed the plugin and it worked fine, then when I changed the settings, the whole website was corrupt, database and all. When I attempted to log in, it would have 'code' over the whole interface. Any way, I rolled this back to an earlier version of the database and uninstalled the chat, and it happened again. Now I have actually moved server, keeping the same domain, etc. and it won't even install now. It is saying 'Invalid Plugin Archive'. This is coming from a totally new server, the same domain, and a totally new download, as in a fresh one. 

Also, the inability to log in to arrowchat to get plugins is rather annoying too.

ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Apr 22 '12
This sounds like a problem with Oxwall rather than ArrowChat.  There is nothing in the code that touches the Oxwall database and it only adds to it.
Rsex Conve
Rsex Conve Apr 24 '12
That still doesn't explain the fact users on here aren't allowed to have a log-in to Arrowchat to get plugins for the service, as well as updates.
ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Apr 25 '12
Quote from Rsex Conve That still doesn't explain the fact users on here aren't allowed to have a log-in to Arrowchat to get plugins for the service, as well as updates.

The Oxwall plugin is a separate product with a separate (cheaper) price.  You can upgrade to the ArrowChat.com version with all integrations, full technical support, and full site access at any time for the difference in price.
samuel jackson
samuel jackson Apr 25 '12
i have do this and its awesome! thank you arrowsuite
Rsex Conve
Rsex Conve Apr 25 '12
How do I go about upgrading?
Hakim
Hakim Apr 27 '12
SIck of this ... Invalid plugin archive. Can i get a refund..I can not install this!!!!!!!!!
Hakim
Hakim Apr 27 '12
Why is it listed if it is not working!!!!!!
ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Apr 27 '12
Quote from Hakim SIck of this ... Invalid plugin archive. Can i get a refund..I can not install this!!!!!!!!!

Follow the instructions in the zip file.

You need to extract and upload the arrowchat folder to your ow_plugins folder.  Don't click "Add New".

The Forum post is edited by ArrowSuites Apr 27 '12
Rsex Conve
Rsex Conve Apr 27 '12
How can I upgrade to the arrowchat service mentioned prior?
ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Apr 28 '12
Quote from Rsex Conve How can I upgrade to the arrowchat service mentioned prior?

Just purchase a license from our site and open up a support ticket requesting a refund for your Oxwall plugin purchase.
You do not have permission to reply this topic