We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

White Screen / Stuck in Maintenance trying to update from 1.7.5 to 1.8 | Forum

Johnny
Johnny Oct 6 '15
Hello All,

I just cannot seem to update to 1.8. I disabled all of my plugins before attempting and the result I get is after entering ftp credentials, I push "update" and then just get a white screen. I then am just stuck in maintenance mode.

I then enabled debug mode and tried the same thing. Getting below error.

OW Debug - WarningMessage:mkdir(): File existsFile:/home/forthelo/public_html/contributors.fortheloveofpunk.com/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/plugins.phpLine:660

I unfortunately am not seeing anything in the ow_logs and I do in fact have logs enable on my server. This is a dedicated server so I have access to change anything we need.

Anyone get anything from the error I just posted?

Thank you so much!

Johnny

The Forum post is edited by Johnny Oct 6 '15
ross Team
ross Oct 6 '15
Johny, if you stuck on maintenance mode, you can sign-in to your website by going to www.site.com/sign-in
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Oct 7 '15
Take a look at  public function coreUpdate() function of plugins.php file.
Your update fails somewhere here:

$archivePath = OW_DIR_PLUGINFILES . 'ow' . DS . 'core.zip';
        $tempDir = OW_DIR_PLUGINFILES . 'ow' . DS . 'core' . DS;
        $ftp = $this->getFtpConnection();
        $errorMessage = false;
        OW::getApplication()->setMaintenanceMode(true);
        $this->pluginService->downloadCore($archivePath);

if ( !file_exists($archivePath) )
        {
            $errorMessage = $language->text('admin', 'core_update_download_error');
        }

Overall script just was not able to download an update pack into specified directory ( DIR). There could be a lot of reasons why.
1. Check whether you have ow_pluginfiles/ow directory.
2. Make sure that you have 777 permissions for both and overall whole ow_pluginfiles directory should have 777 permissions set recursively.

As a solution I suggest performing core platform update manually.

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Tips Oct 7 '15
ross Team
Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø
Might be likewise a reasonably wonderful short article that we all most certainly most popular assessing. Might be no day-after-day in which watch the possibility to look through unit. reparation pc boulogne billancourt