We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Tips and Tricks - Simplicity | Forum

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 10 '15
I had a problem with all of my menu items not showing, and the huge cavatar in the console. I made some css changes to get all of the menu items to show, and resized the cavatar image. I have attached the css changes I added to the simplicity themes custom css in the admin panel.

Updated the css after playing with the theme more.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Nov 26 '15
Attachments:
  simplicity menu fix.txt (0Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 17 '15
There are two problems that I have fixed on my custom Simplicity theme.
1. Two headers showing when you customize the main page. when the standard header is changed in the admin panel/ theme customization. See the file attachment for the fix.
2. The menu links dropping out of the site panel when you customize the main page.
Note: Don't forget to set dev mode to true, and go to your site to refresh your page. Then set dev mode back to false.

I've also added a screenshot of what the general, and dndindex files should look like when you get them corrected.

I went back through the 1.8.3 version related to a forum post. The issues are still present. I'm attaching the mods I did to the general. html, and the dndindex.html files. There are to many changes to list, and explain. Maybe they'll consider these mods to correct the issue with the theme.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Jul 5 '16
bobbi
bobbi Nov 17 '15
Good tips but I don't touch any files in the server for fear of messing up and not being able to fix it,

but surley oxwall should fix this theme Instead of users having to attempt it maybe getting it wrong and messing things up, I will never use this theme until it is fixed by oxwall, header resizing is terrible on origin 300 x 1000 works every time no hassle or stress but this theme I spent over an hour with a header and still could not get the damn thing right, I lost my patience with the theme, they call it simplicity more like your worst nightmare
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 18 '15
The header size us all in the css. Simplicity has a header height of 300px, and the width is set by the background-size:cover tag. "Cover" tells it to cover the screen. 
Dnyan
Dnyan Nov 18 '15
Thank You will check it out.

is there anyway to add css smileys into chat.

Dnyan
Dnyan Nov 18 '15
Thank You will check it out.

is there anyway to add css smileys into chat.

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 18 '15
I have found that pretty much the entire chat feature is all Oxwall. The css for just about everything pulls from an Oxwall core stylesheet outside of the theme. I use Arrowchat. It has smileys, and video capability.
Jason
Jason Feb 1 '16
Hi Darryl, do you know how to help with this?
http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/44873
Thank you :)
Quote from Darryl B I had a problem with all of my menu items not showing, and the huge cavatar in the console. I made some css changes to get all of the menu items to show, and resized the cavatar image. I have attached the css changes I added to the simplicity themes custom css in the admin panel.

Updated the css after playing with the theme more.

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jun 11 '16
Setting a sign in background image

This should work to add the background image only. I just tried it in 1.8.3, and it works. You don't have to use the footer background color. I just use it to see the attribution better if the background clashes with the color of the attribution link. You can add this to the custom css in the admin panel.

.ow.base_sign_in .ow_sign_in_cont {
        background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%;
}
body.ow.base_sign_in {
        background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%;
}
body.base_sign_in > .ow_page_wrap {
        background-image: url("your image");
        background-size: 100% 100%;
        background-attachment:fixed;
}
You do not have permission to reply this topic