We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Exception Error | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Michael
Michael Oct 17 '15
I am creating my very first plugin...yay!

But I have come stuck.

I get this error message
Message: Unable to load template file '/home/kikcommunity/public_html/ow_plugins/myfirstv1/views/controllers/myfirstv1_index.html' File: /home/kikcommunity/public_html/ow_libraries/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php Line: 127 Trace: #0 /home/kikcommunity/public_html/ow_core/view_renderer.php(101): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home/kikcommun...') #1 /home/kikcommunity/public_html/ow_core/renderable.php(271): OW_ViewRenderer->renderTemplate('/home/kikcommun...') #2 /home/kikcommunity/public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(274): OW_Renderable->render() #3 /home/kikcommunity/public_html/ow_core/application.php(342): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #4 /home/kikcommunity/public_html/index.php(76): OW_Application->handleRequest() #5 {main} Type: SmartyException
The below is the code in the file
<?php
class MYFIRSTV1_CTRL_myfirstv1 extends OW_ActionController
{
    public function index()
    {
        $this->setPageTitle("My First V1");
        $this->setPageHeading("My First V1");
    }
}

I have followed the oxwall dev guides but according to the guide I should now be able to see my page, but I cant, all I see is the above error

So I'm hoping one of you might know why this is and can point out what I am doing wrong

SongPhi
SongPhi Oct 18 '15
Your problem is not reading what in front of you.

Tada:Message: Unable to load template file '/home/kikcommunity/public_html/ow_plugins/myfirstv1/views/controllers/myfirstv1_index.html'
Instead of taking time posting a new question, do your part first. read the damn error message =)

Many know that. still no one answer and wont answer. Im just making fun. :P still the next time.

Michael
Michael Oct 18 '15
Ah ok, I didnt have a file in views/controllers but to be fair the guide didnt mention that, I done what the guide said and in the guide where I got to it showed the page loaded. I think it might need to be updated a little.

Thanks SongPhi