We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to change the color of the appointed page in the menu [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Paul
Paul Oct 17 '15

"Blogs" is now blue, lets say I want to make it white.

The Forum post is edited by Taissa Oct 19 '15
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 18 '15
You can use inspect element to help identify which element you want to change. Menu items usually have three css files. Hover, active, and an initial color. These three control how the text acts under each condition. Some elements have their own identifiable css. Some others have a css that several elements use.  If it's identifiable like .ow_menu_item, this is simply done by setting a custom css color in the custom css in the admin panel. If it's not identifiable it gets a bit more complicated to explain, but very easily done by going through a few more steps to get the css path to the specific element.
Paul
Paul Oct 18 '15
Yes I found it in the CSS, thanx.

.ow_main_menu li.active a,

.ow_main_menu li a:hover {

color: #ffffff;

The Forum post is edited by Paul Oct 18 '15
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 18 '15
Glad I could help.
Jochen
Jochen Nov 3 '18

Hi all I have a similar question:

Where in base.css can I change the general background color (see attached file)

Thanks in advance, J.

Attachments:
  bg.JPG (79Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 3 '18

Most of the time that is set on the body "ex. body{ background-color:#ffffff; }"

Check to see if you can change that through theme control in the admin panel. If it doesn't have a body background, or background-color option. You can add the above to the custom css, and set the color you want. Without the quotation marks of course.