We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Welcome widget no more available on index page | Forum

D.S
D.S Oct 19 '15

Dear Sir or Madam,

***Thanks to don't move the subject, Ross told me to put in here !!

And the widget is made with admin panel, not custom code. ***

On the previous version, i made a custom widget on the index with the admin panel. I did it here :

http://mysite.com/admin/pages/user-dashboard

and then add with the button "custom text/HTML". The widget was based on the welcome widget (just copy and past) but on the index page not in the dashboard. 

I see on the welcome widget of the new version, there is this behind the html code :
photo_upload - Photo upload link
change_avatar - Change avatar link

How to make my widget work again ? because it's worked before the update..

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Taissa Team
Taissa Oct 20 '15
D.S., let me explain how the Photo upload  and Change avatar links work. Ordinarily, link leads to an existing page, but the Photo Upload page doesn't physically exist. When you click upload photo link at Welcome widget it's calls the method which call Ajax upload photo form. You can see how it works in /ow_plugins/photo/components/ajax_upload.php file.
So, you can not just copy HTML code and paste it to Custom code text/HTML widget. If you want to display Welcome widget on Index page, this is considered as custom code modification.

D.S
D.S Oct 22 '15
Thank you very much for your explication Taissa !

So to do my custom widget on index page, I just need to know why it works before the update and not anymore ? how call the method which call Ajax upload photo form in a text/HTML widget ? 

Taissa Team
Taissa Oct 22 '15
D.S., this links were changed in one of last updates, that is why this is not possible now to move it just by copying the html code. As I said before, this is considered as a custom code modification. I can not provide you with detailed instructions. All I can just show you the direction. You will need to make changes in following files:
/ow_system_plugins/base/components/custom_html_widget.php,
/ow_system_plugins/base/components/welcome_widget.php.

I will move this topic to the Custom Code Modifications Forum.

Taissa Team
Taissa Oct 22 '15
Topic was moved from General Questions.