We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

User joined site now site keeps logging me in as him as well as myself. (SOLVED) | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Oct 20 '15
I have no idea what happened here, Basically after he signed up if I go to select pages like forums it signs me in as him and says "Email address approved". The site doesn't seem to want to function normally now.
The Forum post is edited by Kenneth Dec 5 '15
ross Team
ross Oct 20 '15
Does the issue persist? 
Please pm me the access details of a user who signed up and your access details so I could reproduce the issue. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Oct 20 '15
Kenneth
Kenneth Oct 21 '15

Quote from ross Does the issue persist? 
Please pm me the access details of a user who signed up and your access details so I could reproduce the issue. 
It does persist, If another user logs in it will have me randomly appear as them and even see their new notification and messages, However when you click them to look at them it shows my notifications etc.
The Forum post is edited by Kenneth Oct 21 '15
ross Team
ross Oct 21 '15
Kenneth do you use some kind of php accelerator on your server?

Please also provide screenshot of your cloudlflare settings

Kenneth
Kenneth Oct 22 '15

Quote from ross Kenneth do you use some kind of php accelerator on your server?

Please also provide screenshot of your cloudlflare settings

I don't believe I use a php accelerator, I can check if it's commonly seen in cpanel. Otherwise I do not believe I have added one.

Let me know if I missed any cloudflare options you want to see.

Kenneth
Kenneth Oct 22 '15
It seems to be a loop or hanging issue. For example if I make a group when I leave the page it'll say "settings saved" at the top if I enter the group again it will say "Group created" and it will always say this. So I think something is causing the platform to loop or hang after performing a task. This however does go away after awhile like it's no longer stuck and performs the task. I haven't touched any settings like CRON since it was set up fine. I asked tech support about it and they said everything seems to be communicating with the server fine. My biggest concern is how people can log in and somehow randomly log in as each other as they switch pages.
The Forum post is edited by Kenneth Oct 26 '15
ross Team
ross Oct 26 '15
Kennet, please purge the cache on  cloudlflare side, how many times  you already reported the issues which were due to the caching, you can't even disable plugins on your website everything is cached up (because of the settings you applied on the cloudlflare side), disable cloudlflare, enable dev mode, refresh your website couple of times, clear browser cache and see if the issue persists. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Oct 26 '15
Kenneth
Kenneth Dec 5 '15

Quote from ross Kennet, please purge the cache on  cloudlflare side, how many times  you already reported the issues which were due to the caching, you can't even disable plugins on your website everything is cached up (because of the settings you applied on the cloudlflare side), disable cloudlflare, enable dev mode, refresh your website couple of times, clear browser cache and see if the issue persists. 

Fixed, I check in with bluehost a few times till I found one support who knew about Oxwall as apparently they only know anything about wordpress.

They upgraded me to cloud server hosting and activated cloud based caching within the server and it conflicted with cloudflare.

Sorry about this I had no idea they enabled such a feature without asking me.

It's solved now. So for anyone who has bluehost try asking about their server cache and if they can turn it off for you.

ross Team
ross Dec 6 '15
Thanks for letting us know.