We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FTP LOGIN ERROR! FAILED AUTHENTICATION, PLEASE CHECK PROVIDED USERNAME AND PASSWORD. | Forum

Raja Rajan
Raja Rajan Oct 25 '15
I recently installed oxwall through softaculous installer. When we try to upload a new plugin or when we try to update a new plugin, FTP ATTRIPUTES are required. 

Though, we provide accurate attributes, oxwall says its a FTP LOGIN ERROR! FAILED AUTHENTICATION, PLEASE CHECK PROVIDED USERNAME AND PASSWORD.

How to solve this issue. When we log to FILEZILLA with same login credentials we are able to modify files in the server.

But same thing is FAILURE LOGIN in the OXWALL ADMIN PANEL

Fennec
Fennec Jun 19 '16
Check your server address, if really it is localhost.
dave Leader
dave Jun 20 '16
He may not even have this issue anymore, that original post was from oct 2015 folks, almost a year ago.  :)  
Oktay
Oktay Jan 20 '17
I have VPS server. I have this problem too.
dave Leader
dave Jan 20 '17
try one of these in the first block

localhost

ftp.yoursite.com

hostname.yoursite.com

then in the second block

name@yoursite.com

then in the password

be sure your PW does not have a $ in the first postion, if it does then change the pw and move it to the back of the PW or remove it.

hope that helps

Oktay
Oktay Jan 20 '17
My site with master version www.com

New site on same server with version XI  www.com/v2

I have installed new version, try very good. But FTP works not.

Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files.

For FTP:
localhost
or www.com/v2
ftp_username
ftp_pass
port: 21
or 3306 or 3307

I have tryed everything. it's not possible(I have VPS server)
dave Leader
dave Jan 20 '17
well your getting a different message now, so its working but you dont have the permissions set up correctly. 

So you are moving your site from a shared hosting to a VPS, is that corrrect?  And how are you serving up your php  fastcgi or apache?

Oktay
Oktay Jan 20 '17
I use VPS server and site stays in same server, only version upgrade.

My server is on Centos server with PHP 5.6.29 and FastCGI, FTP enabled.

I can login to FTP-server with Filezilla without problems. 
dave Leader
dave Jan 20 '17
Are you able to edit files using ftp?  Im thinking your issue may be that your fastcgi is not allowing you to edit files, but i could be wrong. 

What version do you have and what version have you upgraded to?  

Also is this a new ftp account be sure that it is set to public_html access

The Forum post is edited by dave Jan 20 '17
Oktay
Oktay Jan 20 '17
It is about skadate for me.But no difference, I think, between Skadate and oxwall.

Current site: skadate master
New site: skadate XI (in fact oxwall 1.8.4)

New site installed and works without problem on same server. But
I can not upload and install anything with FTP-function on admin panel.

I believe that I made the right permissions for FTP upload. And I can edit files using FTP too.
dave Leader
dave Jan 20 '17
We are actually not suppose to offer skadate support on this site, i am sorry but you will need to contact skadate support, again my apologies i did not notice that before. 

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/51645

Ajay
Ajay Feb 11 '17
FTP Credentials is not working 

When i  update PLUGINs from admin panel ,its not accepting the given ftp credentials by the hosting provider .

Asked to get in touch with script owner .

Any thoughts ?