We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Recieving a payment notification warning from paypal - PayPal Billing | Forum

Abbey
Abbey Oct 30 '15
I am geting the following email from paypal since updating to latest version.

Hello my name

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://adultchatters.co/billing-paypal/order/notify

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,

PayPal

Abbey
Abbey Nov 4 '15
Hello?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Nov 5 '15

Abbey, sorry for taking so long to respond.

You need to check the statuses of the notifications, whether PayPal receive the notifications or not. You should login to your Paypal account and go to IPN messages page. Here you can check the IPN status and perform the test checking to see the results. If everything works out, you need to contact PayPal support department and ask them to check why do you receive the message you've mentioned above. If the IPN is falling, please provide us with the exact message of the failure. 

Abbey
Abbey Jan 12 '16
I have checked everything and it seems ok, I'm recieving the payment, it's not showing up on the finances page, nothing has since 14 November.

I checked what you asked, it said "retrying", I clicked the link and it said this

Message ID2H376750K4957753P

Date/time created11/01/2016 06:48 GMT+13:00

Original/ResentOriginal

Latest delivery attempt date/time12/01/2016 05:34 GMT+13:00

Notification URLhttp://adultchatters.co/billing-paypal/order/notify

HTTP response code404

Delivery statusRetrying

No. of retries14

Transaction ID25L54397VB923212G

IPN typeTransaction made

I have contacted my hosting and they have no idea what's wrong.
The Forum post is edited by Abbey Jan 12 '16
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 14 '16
Abbey, this is very strange situation because when we open this URL from the browser: http://adultchatters.co/billing-paypal/order/notify - it opens with no issues. Seems there is something which prevents IPN data from being received. Do you have any firewall installed at your server? Do you use cloudflare? Could you please provide us with your cPanel and admin are access details, so we could check into this issue directly at your site?
Abbey
Abbey Feb 21 '16
Hi, sorry for the delay... it started working again briefly and now it's stopped again. I will send you my login details
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 24 '16
Abbey, thank you for the details. We will check into this issue and get back to you within a couple of days.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 25 '16

Abbey, we've made a test payment using our PayPal account as merchant and another PayPal account as buyer - the payment was done correctly and the VIP membership has been granted. Please check if you have any server limits, for example, limit on the simultaneous connections or POST data length. Also, please remember what changes have been done on the site before the problem occurred (code modification or third-party plugins installation).

Please check it once again and get back to us with the results.

Abbey
Abbey Feb 29 '16
Hi, at the time/s nothing had been done. I do very little on my site. It was working fine for years, issues may have started occurring some time  after the last update, I worked after the update and then I started recieving emails from paypal, then it fixed itself and then I started getting emails again, then as when you tested it nothing was wrong again.
I find it most random.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 29 '16

Abbey, as we've already said if the problem is temporary, so seems there are some server limits which sometimes do not allow to send/receive the correct IPN data. 

We have one more assumption is that there is a third-party plugin which interrupt the communication between PayPal and your server. But seems the problem is not in our plugin and until we can reproduce the problem, we cannot provide you with the solution. So, if the problem occurs again, just let us know, so we could debug it.

Abbey
Abbey Apr 23 '16
Hi, it's happening again.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Apr 25 '16

Dear Abbey,

We checked it and it works with no issues now. There are no any errors in the error_log. So, seems this is the temporary problem caused by the connection interruption. Here is how it works:

When a user makes a payment, the system sends the payment details (subscription name, details, cost, etc.) to PayPal. PayPal processes the received data and if everything is ok, it sends back the payment data with the status using IPN.

Seems when PayPal tries to connect to your server to send the payment data, some interruptions occur. Since PayPal cannot send the data, it generates automatic message and sends it to you. 

We suppose that the problem is related to the limit on maximum number of simultaneous user connections.

You can contact the hosting provider and ask them to check if you have any limits. Also, it would be better if you contacted the PayPal and ask them to clarify this situation.

You do not have permission to reply this topic