We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video uploader by oxwall team please | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
W.SNEIJDER
W.SNEIJDER Nov 1 '15
Please why is there no video uploader create by oxwall team in oxwall ?

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 1 '15
Video uploader was the most voted in uservoice but was removed with quote theres already one in the store

But the one in the store has never worked right from day one and the dev signed a contract stating he can never fix it 

But that dont matter as he has left oxwall 

W.SNEIJDER
W.SNEIJDER Nov 1 '15
So We will never be able to upload video from our pc with oxwall  ... :/
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 1 '15
Yes seams that way with this and so many other things 

If it keeps going how it is wont be long n all b dead 

98% of dev have left already 

W.SNEIJDER
W.SNEIJDER Nov 1 '15
Thanks for your reply :)
Aliya Team
Aliya Nov 2 '15
@Bayrak PaŞa ,

This suggestion has already been made at http://oxwall.uservoice.com/...ge=1&per_page=20 .

To sum things up, such plugin was not yet created due to:

1. Other features of hight priority.

2. Complexity of the task.

3. General service capacity of servers where most of the Oxwall websites are hosted at ( shared hosting servers will not be able to handle video upload very well) even if you have only 10 users uploading videos.

If you would like to you can always "re-raise" this suggestion at UserVoice.

Thanks in advance.
W.SNEIJDER
W.SNEIJDER Nov 2 '15
I think I'll leave Oxwall because I don't see the utility without being able to upload videos

Thanks
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 2 '15
Video uploader already had almost 1000 votes before

If its made with a cute that can be set in admin ie to only convert 2 videos at a time small severs can handle it or set 10 at a ti.e for larger servers

The free clipbucket and javas video uploader scripts work fine on shared hosting 

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 2 '15
How oxwall is now it would not even run on shared hosting with so many plugins with so messed up code and cron run that chewing more memory then would be allowed on shared hosting

Since 1.7 the db gets so smashed it instantly sent my dedicated server into meltdown with so many db calls being opened and not being closed

My dedicated server 4 cpu and 6gb ram is set use as much db cache and use max ram for xcacher as i can and it still not exceptable on page load times

So many slow queries 

No hook to memcached or ability  to use monodb

No even a system for dev to put the js etc in for it to me merged and compressed