We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

why is this allowed to happen | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 4 '15
why can plugin dev keep putting plugins in the store 
when the plugins they already have there dont work
and oxwall team plugin dev 
putting new plugins in store 
http://www.oxwall.org/forum/1223
when they have plugins like games
http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/170

that has had no development on it in years 
oo sorry there was a update 2 years ago that took %50 of the plugins features away 

there needs to be better controls on just about every part of oxwall 

this is how bad it is a awesome free plugin in store 2 days and only got 10 downloads 
http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1201

2 years ago this would be way over 70 by now easy 

every day more and more are just walking away from oxwall
they had enough of every second plugin they buy does not work 
they go to forums and see just about everything is answered this is a custom code mod
just a simple thing of pointing ppl in the right direction as to what file they need to find 
simple things like saying to ppl do a search first this been answered heaps times 
puts them straight on the back foot 
how hard is it to say
 please try to do a search first before posting, we know search does not work but if you use google to search you will find a answer to your question most of the time 

i love oxwall but how things are run around here is all designed to chase ppl away
devs included how many good dev have come and left descusted in oxwall 

ross Team
ross Nov 4 '15
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Anitaku
Anitaku Nov 4 '15
Things definitely need to be cleaned up around here. Get rid of the old, crappy plug ins, and put some type of approval process for store items. 

If you keep letting standards slip, things aren't going to get any better. 
Fiona Teasdale
Fiona Teasdale Nov 6 '15
I've only been with Oxwall a few months and to be honest, while the site is good, I'm disgusted that there are unscrupulous 3rd party plugin developers who refuse refunds despite their software not working! I've just escalated a dispute for a $30 plugin not working on Paypal and the seller is arguing the toss with me saying there is nothing wrong with the plugin and refusing a refund!! 

I'm absolutely disgusted by this and am seriously tempted to just ditch the whole setup. I do not need to be wasting good money on crap that does not work and dealing with bandits who refuse to give you a refund after selling you shonky plugins!

I'm livid right now and wish I'd never bought this damn plugin or had any involvement with this 3rd party developer. 

I would rather have given that money away to someone than been ripped off like this!! 

Lars
Lars Nov 6 '15
What I pesonal think is strange, is the fact, that Oxwall and the team just don't care. On other systems you have plugin devs, you have customers, and between both there's the company. And if something is wrong with a plugin, like it's just not working, then the comapny asures that you get back your money.

But to be honest - I never saw a plattform, where it was possible, that you have to buy a plugin, to find out that it is not working. There's just no quality management on Oxwall. The team just says "see how you manage all on your own, then." What do we care?

Right now our web team is developing custom plugins for oxwall, which fit our needs. First we thought about to sell them for small money, but to be honest - It's just not worth the trouble.

What I don't get is, why it is like this. I mean it's neither a big time consumer to sort out broken plugins, nor it is very hard. But to leave your users standing in the rain is just bad behavior. 

I guess the Oxwall Team is just not interested in their own product. They don't care for quality and they don't care for their users. I am not sure why it is like this, but I don't know another company, even if it is a foundation, which is that halfhearted with their own products. There're so many bad reviews and comments here on the forums and on the store, and they just don't care. Who does this?

The only official you can find on the forums is Ross, whom I am really thankful. He tries his best. But how should one person handle everything, if the others just don't care?

I am sure about one thing - I would never ever advise someone to use oxwall. Even if the software itself is nice, the frame conditions aren't.

The Forum post is edited by Lars Nov 6 '15
Pete
Pete Nov 19 '15
It`s a waist of time telling oxwall about bad plugins .You have to sort it out yourself .

Tecca
Tecca Nov 19 '15
I think the best thing we can do, as users and customers, is to simply purchase the plugins from devs we know are supporting their plugins. It takes more time and research, but it's better than sending your money to some of the ones that haven't been around for months.

Make sure to leave good reviews for plugins that work as intended, leave negative reviews for those that you may have purchased and received a broken product with no support.

We need to at least self-regulate the store. Maybe once some of these devs notice they aren't getting paid anymore, they'll realize they need to wake up and work on the products they're selling.