We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Why don't you allow video upload. Are you guys associated with Youtube. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
asdasdf
asdasdf May 4 '12
It usually upsets me that most people who allow people to upload media disable or don't allow video/audio upload. All you have to do is the extensions for the upload like mp3, not justjpeg, png.

There usually are motives or reasons, so why don't you guys simply add the video and audio extensions. Are you guys associated with youtube a reason why you don't want to allow video uploads.

This was a huge turn down and I don't use you guys anymore. Besides this huge issue Your image and embedded video previews are way to little inside a template that's too little. You should allow users avatar to appear near the forum topics users create but I don't really mind this if the video upload is allowed.

Its your choice but It my choice not use you guys. It doesn't come close to facebook but if you did allow video uploads it would almost come close but right now since you don't allow video uploads it seems to the public your staff aren't capable of creating one or simply can't because they must be amatuers. Don't get upset at me but thats the impressions you guys give.

I showed people this software and there response was that they weren't that impressed with oxwall and that if there was no video upload what would be the reason of joining and oxwall website esp. if they have more options with facebook and that they would likely join if it had a video upload.

The Forum post is edited by asdasdf May 4 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. May 13 '12
Oxwall is an open source product which means you can customize its code and make it working with any file extension you want. You can allow video and music uploads and increase/decrease the size of elements that don't fit your vision of a website.

You are free to think what you think, but we don't encrypt our software so that users could modify it to fit their needs. And you can always jump on a bandwagon by enabling video upload on your website so that people that were not that impressed turned into real Oxwall and your website fans.