We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Possible to change message page design/lout? | Forum

Christer
Christer Nov 7 '15
If you go to the message page its kind of big and I like to play around with sizes and looks. Would this be possible or is this setting kind of set? It looks same on all my sites even with different themes so wonder if its possible?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 8 '15
Most anything is possible. You do have to be careful. I have found that the chat, mail, and messages page are linked. Some color changes affect the others as well. That's probably why theme devs don't mess with it much. There are a few layers you would have to work with as well. For example; I had to set one layer to transparent to get a background color to show on another.
Lars
Lars Nov 8 '15
It is really no problem at all. The message box on the messages page is having a unique class, which is called "ow_mailbox_table" and there're others. If you know how to work with css you can go from there and do nearly everything.

If you want to do more, you can always edit the core files. But you have to know what you are doing. And you have to document your changes, so that you can add them again after a core update. For example, we are using Bitbucket and SourceTree for the versioning.

There's one thing you need to keep care of - It's better not to mess with the class names. On the message page there're scripts (JS/jQuery), which rely on those classes. That being said - This also means, that you have to make sure, that you keep up the overall structure, so that tabbing through the messages will work after your changes!

The Forum post is edited by Lars Nov 8 '15
Christer
Christer Nov 8 '15
Thanks guys I will see if I can kick my dev guys in working mode
The Forum post is edited by Christer Nov 8 '15