We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

message page not work on iphone/ipad | Forum

Christer
Christer Nov 8 '15
What we see so far its only ipad and iphone that running in to this problem. Some of customer start complaining that they cant open the message box were  you type your message to replay so they keep open new message to send a replay. We tested and we got the same issue, we cant push the box at all,and the keyboard on the phone not pop up. Would that be kind of design/theme issue or what should we look for? I attach screenshot, they grey area is were you have to push/click but its dead.Put a red x to mark were
Attachments:
  iphoneissue.PNG (146Kb)
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 8 '15
what theme are you using 
or is that a mobile app
is it a responsive theme 
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Nov 8 '15
Christer
Christer Nov 8 '15
Using poly purple on this sites
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 8 '15
whats that please answer my question 
HW
HW Nov 8 '15
I am wondering if you're talking about the same problem, or at least a similar one, that I complained about here:  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/42301

Users with Apple devices can't respond to mails.  I also am using the Poly Purple theme on my site, but the problem is present with other themes too and even without plugins aside from the ones that came with the Oxwall installation.  It seems like the the formatting toolbar (for bold, italic, insert link, etc.) doesn't come up.  Then there is a blank space where they can't type in a response, and if you tap elsewhere on the screen it might say "undefined" instead.

I got told to use the mobile version, but that's no good for various reasons and I had it disabled on purpose.

One thing we discovered was telling Apple users to use the Chrome browser on their devices and choose the "request desktop site" option.  If they do that, they can respond.  It's annoying, but it's better than nothing.  If I misunderstood your problem, ignore me, but it sounded similar, and maybe it will work for you too.
The Forum post is edited by HW Nov 8 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 8 '15
so its a theme is so you will have to contact the theme developer to get it fixed 

the theme says this
Poly purple - 100% Responsive, Smart

also you have rated it 

Best theme ever on Oxwall

Excellent work done with this theme. Very well built down to every small detail. Amazing work.

in the theme forums is a bug report forum and no one has posted anything about it 

Christer
Christer Nov 8 '15
Just had some one tested it with iphone 4 and worked as it should so need to see more what version the customers have, I guess model 5 or 6 maybe
opps forget above that was another them to see if it was only this theme, so I guess theme issue, thanks both
The Forum post is edited by Christer Nov 8 '15
Christer
Christer Nov 8 '15
Lread your post HW and kind of same problem. I wish mobile version would be ok but it sucks at least what i tested.
ross Team
ross Nov 8 '15
Christer, contact theme designer to resolve your issue.