We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cannot change user roles | Forum

ionut
ionut May 5 '12
I've searched around here and didn't find any answer to my problem. I want to change the role to a user from "Member" role to "Team" role and it works to apply the check box but the check box of the user role "Member" can't be changed and the user remains on the "Member" role. Is this a bug or what?! Please help, and thank you for this awesome script/software.

Later edit: I also cannot delete users from the admin.

The Forum post is edited by ionut May 5 '12
Attachments:
  ScreenHunter_06 May. 05 20.51.jpg (9.74Kb)
Dantes
Dantes May 5 '12
in the last update the team inform thats one of the modification (you cant modify the initial status) i still wondering why and i think is kinda useless and messy... but...
if you put the team status it adds the membership so its the same
ionut
ionut May 5 '12
Yeah, sorry, I saw it now, but what about not getting any feedback when I try to delete a user from the back end?! Nothing happens.
Michael I.
Michael I. May 6 '12
Can you PM me your site URL and admin details?
ionut
ionut May 6 '12
PM sent...I also noticed when I send a PM from my site to any user, I don't get any feedback if the PM was sent or not...
ionut
ionut May 8 '12
so, no comeback for this? No ideas, suggestions?! Please?!
Michael I.
Michael I. May 13 '12
I cannot access your website. Is it deactivated?
ionut
ionut May 13 '12
well, I've waited for your help for some time and gave up...and yes, the site is closed...I'm leaving the web area for a while...sorry!
Michael I.
Michael I. May 19 '12
Well, sorry to hear that you closed your site but we'll be glad to see you if you decide to come back.
ionut
ionut May 19 '12
The site is back up, but sadly not with oxwall...didn't had the features I needed. Thanks for your iterest.
99VcBn
99VcBn Apr 17 '16

Quote from Michael I. Can you PM me your site URL and admin details?
I cannot believe that in 2016 this bug still has not been solved.  It makes it very difficult to use this. 
ross Team
ross Apr 18 '16
This is not a bug, read our tutorial: https://docs.oxwall.org/user-manual:users:user-roles
ionut
ionut Apr 18 '16
@99VcBn these posts are very old man, 2012, there was a problem with this but now everything works great.