We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Need help to make the join forum smaller? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
jeo
jeo May 6 '12
Can anyone please tel me how to bring over the join forum to fit the page with the image so the join forum is just more smaller? have a look what it meen! test.chavspace.com/join thanks
Mark
Mark May 6 '12
not sure what your exact problem is but usually stuff like that can be fixed by editing the css file /ow_theme/your_theme/base.css

search the page source code to see what bits need to be edited

oh and remember to enable dev mode

jeo
jeo May 6 '12
thanks mate to getting back to me what i meen if i take a screen shoots and show u how i want my join page, im nerly on the stop but little more help needed

jeo
jeo May 6 '12
just look how this image looks to mine i just want the join forum to come over to the rite and to skiner it up abit to fit the page cause mine dnt if you can see test.chavspace.com/join thanks
The Forum post is edited by jeo May 6 '12
Mark
Mark May 7 '12
try changing the width of .ow_superwide{width:75%}

try it with something like .ow_superwide{width:65%}

jeo
jeo May 7 '12
ok ware do a place this code with out breaking my site? and thanks mate
Mark
Mark May 7 '12
admin > appearance > css > paste it into the custom css box
jeo
jeo May 8 '12
stil didnt work :/ mate is they a other way or not? thanks
Mark
Mark May 8 '12
i wouldnt be able to tell you unless i worked through the code of the page and the css of the site, something i dont have the time to do unfortunatly, you could try making a post in the market (link at the top of the page)
jeo
jeo May 9 '12
ok mate thanks for your support :)
jeo
jeo May 12 '12
i stil cart do this hack :( can anyone help me please?
Michael I.
Michael I. May 14 '12
Topic was moved from General Questions.
otis
otis Aug 9 '22
If you want to help make the forum smaller, there are among us some simple things you can do. Most importantly, stay off-topic when possible. Multiple topics framed game discussing the same topic will only make it more difficult for others to find relevant topics, and this will result in fewer replies and lower overall participation.
The Forum post is edited by otis Aug 9 '22