We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Unable to upload photos from sidebar | Forum

Pankesh
Pankesh Nov 13 '15
I installed Oxwall version 1.8 from scratch. I am not able to upload photos from the right sidebar. When I click on 'Upload Photos' button, a horizontal thin bar appears, but the dialog box does not open. I went through the forum to find the solution but no luck. Screenshot attached.

1) I am able to upload photos from the oxwall demo site. 

2) I have not installed any new plugins

Any help will be highly appreciated.

The Forum post is edited by Pankesh Nov 15 '15
Attachments:
  upload_photos.bmp (3027Kb)
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
have you checked folder permissions 
Pankesh
Pankesh Nov 15 '15
I checked the permission and it is set to 777. It seems like something is going on when it calls this javascript function addNewPhoto56491c137cbd6()
The Forum post is edited by Pankesh Nov 15 '15
ross Team
ross Nov 15 '15
Check your firebug console, seems like you have mod_security module enabled on your server, there should be "Forbidden" error in the console, if there's, you need to contact your hosting provider to disable mod_security. 
Pankesh
Pankesh Nov 16 '15
I had service provider disable the mod_security. Now I am able to upload photos :) Appreciate your help. Thanks!
ross Team
ross Nov 16 '15
great
John
John Dec 21 '15
I'm also having a similar problem.  Disabling mod_security seems to make no difference.  Funnily enough, it's only a problem with uploading from the sidebar link.  Users can upload photos fine with the "Upload Photos" button on the Photos page.

Whenever one runs a mouse over the Add New ... Photo element in the sidebar, it calls up the following link:
javascript:addNewPhoto5677ec34e2266()

Clicking that link produces a blank page
The Forum post is edited by John Dec 21 '15
ross Team
ross Dec 21 '15
What exactly do you see? Error, notice or what? Have you checked your browser console for an error?
John
John Dec 21 '15
To make it clear, the javascript numbers change, but the format is as above.  Multiple users have reported the same issue
ross Team
ross Dec 21 '15
do you have external no-follow or other plugin related to the links or seo?

if so try to disable it and see if the issue persists. 

John
John Dec 21 '15
Deactivating the "External Linker" plugin seems to resolve the problem.  Thank you!
The Forum post is edited by John Dec 21 '15
ross Team
ross Dec 21 '15
Great, contact plugin developer to resolve the issue. 
Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø
Promptly the internet site could possibly irrefutably receive credited extremely connected with placing people, to its conscientious articles and reviews or maybe vital opinions. depannage informatique boulogne billancourt