We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Does this work with all default plugins? - Sitemap Generator | Forum

Tecca
Tecca Nov 18 '15
Does this generate links for all default Oxwall plugins? Also, would you consider adding support for popular third-party plugins such as the Articles plugin? http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1116

At the moment, the plugin doesn't seem beneficial enough as a sitemap generator.

Thanks,

Bryan

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 6 '16
yes i want to know that to. i have the article plugin now so i want to know that before i buy this plugin.
Tecca
Tecca Jan 6 '16
I bought it, I wouldn't touch it until there's some kind of update. I would say we're even better off not having it than to have only some website links in a sitemap file.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 2 '16
i need a sitemap where get one that works good?
Tecca
Tecca Apr 2 '16

Quote from Marcus i need a sitemap where get one that works good?

I bought this script. You'd need to set it up on your server yourself (or pay for their installation service), but it works well and gets the job done. Everything public on the website that can be seen by Google/search engines would be indexed in it: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
Purusothaman Ramanujam
This plugin helps you to aggregate the contents of all the default plugins(and few more extra). You need to submit the sitemap file to search engines.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 6 '16
bryan here tell me it not works good so i was scare to buy it? maybe he can explain why it not wroks good more in details before i buy it
Tecca
Tecca Apr 6 '16
I didn't say it doesn't work well, it simply doesn't generate a sitemap for all of your site's content, if the plugins are from third party devs. Only the default plugins. In SEO, it's not going to be useful to have sitemaps without all of your public content in it. If you only use the default Oxwall plugins, it's fine.

A sitemap should provide search engines the full structure of your website. If it doesn't, it's best off not even being used; search engines can crawl regardless of sitemaps, but they are very handy when they contain the info they need to.
The Forum post is edited by Tecca Apr 6 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 6 '16
okey i understand bryan fully

it would then bee nice have a list of what plugins this sitemap supports?

i think it is importen to have a list like that if you plan buy this sitemap

Purusothaman Ramanujam
You can see the list of plugins supported in the screenshot in the page. It gives more understanding instead of naming the plugins as you can see how it works.

Please let me know if you need any more clarity on this plugin. 

You do not have permission to reply this topic