We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

***Bugs Fixing*** - YourWebsite Share Button | Forum

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Dec 4 '15
We can only get better! If you spot any bug, do well to share it here.

Thanks

JoshWho
JoshWho Dec 8 '15

I added a share button to another website and not sure if I am doing somthing correctly. The button shows up and when I click the share button it loads the share message that it will send and it does post to the news feed but when it posted this long message it cutts off the background. It is not responsive when sharing long messages, but I am not sure if this looks correct or if something is wrong. Is there suppose to be a clickable link in it?  I need a little more explaining to what this plugin suppose to do.

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Dec 8 '15
JoshWho
JoshWho Dec 8 '15
here is the news feed post direct link where it shared.  http://www.buddylist.co/newsfeed/13048?ft=site
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Dec 8 '15
Thanks for spotting this. There is suppose to be a link (but not clickable) at the end of the content text. The offset text is partly due to theme compatibility issue but I'm working on fixing that now. In the next update the issue will be resolved.

Thanks

JoshWho
JoshWho Dec 8 '15
k sweet thank you for the fast reply.
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Dec 8 '15
Spotted bug fixed and plugin updated.

Thanks.

Pierre
Pierre Feb 4 '16
Recently bought your plugin.
I added the share button to another website.It's working great in most cases but failed with ipods, and phones(android). Looks like the code generated (developers-sharebutton/generate.js) is not js (Platform version 1.8.1 (build 10200))

The Forum post is edited by Pierre Feb 4 '16
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Feb 4 '16
Hello Pierre,

Quote from Pierre Recently bought your plugin.
I added the share button to another website.It's working great in most cases but failed with ipods, and phones(android). Looks like the code generated (developers-sharebutton/generate.js) is not js (Platform version 1.8.1 (build 10200))

Of course, it is JS. See demo: http://oxwall.ewtnet.us/developers-sharebutton/generate.js

However, I will test this from my end and see if we will reproduce the same problem as you have stated. I would appreciate if you can provide a clear overview on how the issue occurred. Did you integrate the code in a mobile app? Or was it on a web page and accessed through a mobile browser?
Looking forward to your feedback.
Regards

Pierre
Pierre Feb 5 '16
Thanks for quick answer.
It is on a web page and accessed through a mobile browser.
The problem happens for sure on a Samsung android 4.4.4
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Feb 5 '16

Quote from Pierre Thanks for quick answer.
It is on a web page and accessed through a mobile browser.
The problem happens for sure on a Samsung android 4.4.4
Ok. Would you mind sending me the link to your website?
Pierre
Pierre Feb 5 '16
In fact, it looks working with 4.4.4 but with some older (4.3..) when you click on link, landing page shows : this page cant be opened in mobile version, goto PC version
But when I go directly to the oxwall site, mobile version work ok

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Feb 6 '16

Quote from Pierre In fact, it looks working with 4.4.4 but with some older (4.3..) when you click on link, landing page shows : this page cant be opened in mobile version, goto PC version

This plugin is currently not available for Oxwall mobile version. Will be introduced in the next release.
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Feb 10 '16

Quote from Pierre In fact, it looks working with 4.4.4 but with some older (4.3..) when you click on link, landing page shows : this page cant be opened in mobile version, goto PC version

This issue has been resolved in the latest version. V.2.0.1
Pierre
Pierre Feb 12 '16
hi
I been out for a while. I m back
Can I get this version ? or just wait for new release.
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Feb 12 '16
Quote from Pierre hi
I been out for a while. I m back
Can I get this version ? or just wait for new release.
You will be notified on your website admin dashboard.
Nick Szankovics
Nick Szankovics Oct 19 '17
I purchased this plugin and keep getting the same error occuring everytime a share is attempted: Message:rand() expects parameter 1 to be integer, float givenFile:share.phpLine:189
why is this doing this, and how is it fixed?
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Oct 20 '17

Quote from Nick Szankovics I purchased this plugin and keep getting the same error occuring everytime a share is attempted: Message:rand() expects parameter 1 to be integer, float givenFile:share.phpLine:189
why is this doing this, and how is it fixed?
Please I will quickly check that for you and get back to you asap.
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Oct 20 '17
PM me your FTP access, I will fix that right away for you.
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic