We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

installation help | Forum

Anant
Anant May 24 '12
Quote from Mark

for the record there is no such thing as unlimited webspace or bandwidth, and any auto-install programs actually suck, you learn so much more by downloading it, extracting it, FTP'ing it back to the server and running a manual install. auto install programs never take into account software requirements and have seen many broken installs in the past because auto-installers skip parts of the install.

If you want a decent oxwall install (1) get some decent paid hosting, ideally your looking at a small VPS @ around $30/month (mine currently cost $89/month) (2) install it manually so if anything goes wrong you know where it went wrong

I agree with you but I was so fed up of installation because I tried it on other Hosts and the installation went wrong every time, so i was happy to find something like this.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I agree with Mark.

Shared hosting even hosts lesser. Amazon micro cloud server is free for an year and it cost very very less from next year.
Mark
Mark May 24 '12
Quote from Anant
I agree with you but I was so fed up of installation because I tried it on other Hosts and the installation went wrong every time, so i was happy to find something like this.

Which usually means that the hosting company does not support the requirements that oxwall needs to install it.
Pod
Pod May 26 '12
Why you do not try to make local server and try practice oxwall at you want .
By download app server install it to you computer it can install both windows and Linux up to you os computer of you . Then put oxwall in to root and practices with php myasmin in that app server , can search google "app server"
Michael I.
Michael I. May 28 '12
Local server can also be a pretty good solution if you are not in a hurry and want to know the software better.
Pages: « 1 2