We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Tutorial: Website optimisation & performance tips | Forum

Mark
Mark May 15 '12
Remember when using these tips with Oxwall you will need to reapply them after each update, you should also take the time to apply the following tips to individual plugins. When applied to my Oxwall installed I saved an average of 10-15% per page optimised and shaved around 1/2 - 1 second of page loading times. Remember to backup files beforehand.

My Best Optimisation Tips

Below are the tips I use whenever I optimise my own or a clients website, some can be done by anyone, some you will need some knowledge of your web-host server settings and some are more advanced. Always remember to create backups before you start.

Full Article

The Forum post is edited by Mark May 15 '12
Mark
Mark May 17 '12
a few more articles that may help you 

1. Leverage Browser Caching - An article that explains about optimising your website performance by using leverage browser caching.
  2. GZIP Compression - An article that explains all about GZIP compression and mod_deflate.
  3. Image Compression - An article that explains the benefits of image compression & optimisation.