We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Online Users Right Sidebar | Forum

Niklas E
Niklas E Jan 11 '16
Is there any way to show the online users in the right sidebar instead of the left sidebar or the middle section.
Niklas E
Niklas E Jan 13 '16
none?
Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 13 '16
Screenshot please.

Not 100% sure what you're referring to.
Plug in? or just general moving of a widget? o.0

The more info you provide in a question, the better chance of someone recognizing the issue and putting in their '2 cents' about it. :)

Niklas E
Niklas E Jan 13 '16
Hi Phil,

I want to move the widget to the right sidebar. Today you only have two positions to place widgets... left and the middle section.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 13 '16
If your theme has the right sidebar, you should be able to click "customize this page" at the top of the index page, and drag the widget to the right sidebar. If the theme doesn't have the right sidebar, you will need to get one that has it. Trying to add the right sidebar would require multiple css changes.
Niklas E
Niklas E Jan 14 '16
Can't find "customize this page". Can only find in the admin that you can customize the user profile and user dasboard. Im running the darkshades theme.
Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 14 '16
Like Darryl said, there should be a button at the top of the index page (in the content section) to customize the page. If it's not there, check your moderator roles are set correctly for the profile your using. It may also be a theme issue. 

If you pm me admin profile details I can have a look for you. :) 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 14 '16
If you mean the "darklets" theme, take a look at the preview image in the store item. It shows the Index, or "main" page with the "customize this page" button showing.

http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/454

This is the page you should see this button, if you are logged in with administrator credentials. it will only show for the site owner / administrator.
Niklas E
Niklas E Jan 14 '16
Thanks for help guys... The theme is from Skadate, so the option "Customize this page" they maybe forgott to put there.
Niklas E
Niklas E Jan 14 '16
Update... I was totally on the wrong page... should navigate to mysite.com/index
Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 14 '16
Glad you worked it out :) 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 14 '16
Note: If it is the same, anything you put in the right sidebar is visible on all pages; including the join page. If you don't want visitors to see your online members, you will need to edit the permission settings in the widget. This is also becomes available by clicking on the gear icon at the top of the widget when you are customizing the page.
Niklas E
Niklas E Jan 18 '16
Thx Darryl