We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Version 1.8.1 - Tests, releases and improvements | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Carlos Pires Corrente
Hi Guys! All cool?

Well, I am not an expert in Oxwall themes and plugins, etc, etc... but in my opinion and because I have a Oxwall for more than a year I think some things can be improved.

Here is the list:

1) You have videos and photos plugin instaled. You publish one of them in a group that you created, but when you go to your newsfeed it shows the post you add but it doesnt show that you actually publish in that especific group.

Solution: uninstall videos and photos, make exacatly the same posts, and now yes, it will say that you actually add a video or image in that group but you will lose the library! Sorted!

2) Oxwall exists for a long time, and I know and understand that people is working the best to do the best.. But comon... I think is more than a time to try to put the Groups working in the mobile version, it doesnt look like but is important.

3) Themes are one of the things that give a excelent look (sometimes) to all Oxwall websites, but the builders of this great script should maybe test the things more deeply.

New version 1.8.1 was released, in my point of view, I didnt find nothing new apart of Simplicity theme changes for mobile. I have seen the changelog, and I didnt felt a big difference... But I notest that I need to make the cronjob in cPanel by myself.. it used to be automatically...

ATTENTION:

- I am not saying the Oxwall scripts and developers are bad, no way. This is just small things that coulb bring more "light" to this script.

I can say with 200% sure that Oxwall is much, but much better than OSSN!

Dont be upset, try to understand my point of view, and keep doing the excelent work! ;) see u soon!

The Forum post is edited by Carlos Pires Corrente Jan 12 '16
ross Team
ross Jan 12 '16
1) You have videos and photos plugin instaled. You publish one of them in a group that you created, but when you go to your newsfeed it shows the post you add but it doesnt show that you actually publish in that especific group.

we are aware of this issue

2) Oxwall exists for a long time, and I know and understand that people is working the best to do the best.. But comon... I think is more than a time to try to put the Groups working in the mobile version, it doesnt look like but is important.

we are small team, we do our best, please be patient. 

3. But I notest that I need to make the cronjob in cPanel by myself.. it used to be automatically...

cron never conigured itself automatically, you always had to do to that manually. 

Felipe Ra
Felipe Ra Jan 12 '16
Hi, Im still haven´t received in main the upgrade option to 1.8.1 how long could take ? 

I have reinstall it few hour ago by softaculous (a2 hosting) 
thank you.

ross Team
ross Jan 12 '16
It can take for 48 hours to appear in your admin panel
Felipe Ra
Felipe Ra Jan 12 '16
ote from ross It can take for 48 hours to appear in your admin panel
thank you for your fast reply!
Carlos Pires Corrente

3. But I notest that I need to make the cronjob in cPanel by myself.. it used to be automatically...

cron never conigured itself automatically, you always had to do to that manually. 

sorry, but in Softaculus is automatic! :) I never maded manually...