We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Wich coin plugin?! | Forum

Ronny
Ronny Jan 15 '16
Hello,

there are 2 coin plugins in the market:

http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/53

http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1166

Wich one is better?
Wich one works with the plugins that support coins?

Thx

ross Team
ross Jan 15 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 15 '16
Aron's plug ins support his own plug ins (coins) 
Skalfa owns the credits plug in which other devs support in their plug ins. 

Look carefully and do your research to prevent any dissatisfaction. 
Ronny
Ronny Jan 15 '16
Quote from Phil W Aron's plug ins support his own plug ins (coins) Skalfa owns the credits plug in which other devs support in their plug ins. 
Look carefully and do your research to prevent any dissatisfaction. 
Therefore, I'm asking :)
But the problem is, most devs write only "works with coin system", like the photo tags plugin (http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/682). Which is is meant?

Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 15 '16
Nowhere on that plug in does it say 'coins'. 

Only arons plug ins support coins. 

Credits is skalfas. 

Tecca
Tecca Jan 15 '16
+1 Phil

Most plugins will work with the Skalfa User Credits plugin. Aron's stuff is usually limited to his own plugins. IE, his plugins are usually coded to interact with each other and not other dev's plugins. I use a couple of his plugins and have no problems with them. But don't expect them to work with other plugins.

The Skalfa plugins are more likely to be supported by other devs. They're fine for what they are, and sometimes essential if you're trying to monetize and need to know they'll work with other plugins. The good thing about aron is that he's a cheaper alternative, should you not care as much about seamless integration.

But only buy stuff after you've read everything you can about the item. Ask your questions directly to the devs as well, before purchase rather than after.

I should mention Skalfa and Oxwall are pretty much one and the same.
The Forum post is edited by Tecca Jan 16 '16
Abbey
Abbey Jan 20 '16
The way I see it Aron makes copies of others plugins and sells them cheaper. Personally I'd go for the Skalfa version as the source is more reliable (I have the skalfa version)
Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 20 '16
Quote from Abbey The way I see it Aron makes copies of others plugins and sells them cheaper. Personally I'd go for the Skalfa version as the source is more reliable (I have the skalfa version)
Depends on your coding knowledge. I often buy arons plug ins and edit them to suit my needs for a fraction of the cost. (I only have basic knowledge of code) 
Tecca
Tecca Jan 20 '16
Competition breeds innovation and potentially brings lowers costs. I think the word copy isn't the right one, more that he essentially uses the same ideas and makes his own plugins.
The Forum post is edited by Tecca Jan 20 '16
Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 21 '16
Quote from Bryan Competition breeds innovation and potentially brings lowers costs. I think the word copy isn't the right one, more that he essentially uses the same ideas and makes his own plugins.
+1
beyondherd
beyondherd Mar 26

Nowhere on that plug in does it say 'coins'. Only arons plug ins support coins. Join thousands of investors seizing the opportunity to buy and pi coin sell in india. Our user-friendly interface and robust security measures ensure a seamless and safe trading experience for all.