We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Installing Google Analytics plugin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Brian
Brian Jan 27 '16
I can't seem to figure out exactly how to install the google analytics plugin. I have downloaded it, but when I click upload new plugin I'm not sure which file in the folder to click. I think I've tried everyone there is, what should I do? 
ross Team
ross Jan 27 '16
ross Team
ross Jan 27 '16
the file is called google_analytics.8710.zip

make sure you're browsing the folder where you have downloaded the plugin to. 

Brian
Brian Jan 27 '16
Quote from ross the file is called google_analytics.8710.zip

make sure you're browsing the folder where you have downloaded the plugin to. 

This is all I have in the folder. 

ross Team
ross Jan 27 '16
you should not unpack the archive, you should install the archive which you downloaded

read the manual please https://docs.oxwall.org/install:plugin

Brian
Brian Jan 27 '16
Quote from ross you should not unpack the archive, you should install the archive which you downloaded

read the manual please https://docs.oxwall.org/install:plugin

I've read the manual, and I'm not unpacking anything. I 
can't just select the whole file because when I do it doesn't work. Then I select it and it comes to the above picture. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or maybe I'm missing something?
ross Team
ross Jan 27 '16
What do you mean you can't select the whole file when you do it does not work? What exactly is not working when you select the file?
Brian
Brian Jan 27 '16
So I downloaded google analytics, go to new plugins and click upload then click the google analytics file and nothing happens. I feel like I'm doing something wrong the manual says to "2. Unpack the archive and upload extracted files to ow_plugins folder on your server." So I'm guessing thats not what I'm doing is it? Where exactly is the ow_plugins folders? PS thanks for all the help really appreciate it.
Quote from ross What do you mean you can't select the whole file when you do it does not work? What exactly is not working when you select the file?

ross Team
ross Jan 27 '16
Brian, when you go to "Add new" section, then click "choose file" then click "Upload button, what do you mean nothing happens, please provide the screenshots of these steps and what you get after you chose the file and click upload. 

ow_plugins is in the root of the software 

Brian
Brian Jan 27 '16
Quote from ross Brian, when you go to "Add new" section, then click "choose file" then click "Upload button, what do you mean nothing happens, please provide the screenshots of these steps and what you get after you chose the file and click upload. 

ow_plugins is in the root of the software 

So I dragged the google analytics folder to the "add new" then click upload and I get this. 

Then I click upload and get this. 

ross Team
ross Jan 27 '16
Try another browser, please
Brian
Brian Jan 28 '16
I tried google chrome and it says "the plugin was only partically
Quote from ross Try another browser, please

uploaded". 
ross Team
ross Jan 28 '16
Now go to Available Plugins section and check if the plugin is there. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 28 '16
Brian
Brian Jan 28 '16
Quote from ross Now go to Available Plugins section and check if the plugin is there. 

It is not there. 
ross Team
ross Jan 28 '16
PM me your ftp access details and admin website access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 
Tecca
Tecca Jan 29 '16
Are you sure your google analytics plugin folder is still .zipped? It doesn't say google_analytics-2.zip, the .zip part is missing.
Brian
Brian Jan 29 '16

Quote from Bryan Are you sure your google analytics plugin folder is still .zipped? It doesn't say google_analytics-2.zip, the .zip part is missing.

That is how I downloaded it. How should I go about zipping it?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 29 '16
The dev may have uploaded the wrong file. I've ran across this one other time on a plugin where the file wasn't in a zip format. Try contacting the plugin developer. The instruction you referred to in one of your previous posts is when you install through cpanel. This way you would upload the zip file, unpack it, and copy it to the ow_plugins folder "oxwall/ow_plugins"

You could try using a zip software to compress the main folder that you downloaded into a zip arechive. Then you should be able to upload it through the admin panel.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Jan 29 '16
ross Team
ross Jan 31 '16
The default google analytics plugin which can be downloaded from the store is zipped. Something is wrong on Brian's side. Please download the plugin and provide the screenshot of the location where the plugin is downloaded to, so we can see how it looks Archived or just a simple folder?