We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Icon for mobile devices | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Jan 29 '16
You know how you can add an icon of the mobile site? 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 29 '16
Not totally clear on what you are wanting to do. Can you provide more info? Maybe a screen shot pointing out what you are wanting.
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Jan 30 '16

Enter the site as a mobile icon 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 30 '16
Do you have a mobile app? or just a oxwall website?
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Jan 30 '16
Website
Tecca
Tecca Jan 30 '16
Use this tool, it will create all of the different favicons that you need. Those aren't called favicons, I know, but this generator will do what you want. Recommended image of about 260x260px.

http://realfavicongenerator.net/
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 31 '16
lol bryan thats no favicons thats an  apps she wants a mobile app

and sadly there is none that are any good 
Tecca
Tecca Jan 31 '16
I understand, Tammy. If you save your web page onto your mobile home page, it will display it the way she wants it. It won't be an app, but it also won't be just a generic icon that Apple/Android decides to give. Here's what it looks like with my website on my mobile phone (it's not an app, just an Oxwall website -- the "Beard Profile" image):

The Forum post is edited by Tecca Jan 31 '16
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Jan 31 '16
Bryan measures that you did for the icon for both smartphones iPad? and where it is posted on the website
The Forum post is edited by Morena Milani Jan 31 '16
Tecca
Tecca Jan 31 '16
The favicon generator I linked will make all the images you need to upload to your server. Then you can follow instruction like this to add your site to the home screen: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/...iphone-ipad-3447887/
ross Team
ross Jan 31 '16
Morena, your request has nothing to do with the software, please do the search on google. 
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Feb 17 '16
Solved thanks!