We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Virtual Rack Host - Optimized for OxWall | Forum

Steven Myers
Steven Myers May 28 '12
Virtual Rack Host is known for up time and price competitiveness. Our servers are fully optimized with Varnish Cache, Nginx, and LiteSpeed. Let us serve your site with a professional suit of class you have never experienced before.

Thank you,
www.virtualrackhost.com
Mark
Mark May 28 '12
do you not do VPS hosting?
Steven Myers
Steven Myers May 29 '12
We have not had any requests on this which is why it is not available. If a VPS is requested, a quote can be done and provided to the guest of what they are seeking for. You might be thinking, "Well they shouldn't need to request for it, it should already be there" This is an understandable statement but we have done quite a bit of research, and have found that many companies are low on specific server types, meaning the usage.

It's always good to have your business prepped for new clients but we do not believe that having too much is the right move just yet. I hope this helps.
The Forum post is edited by Steven Myers May 29 '12
Joseph
Joseph May 29 '12
would you or one of your staff be available to help me determine the right hosting plan for my site as of now we had to cut some features because our current host just cant handle our server load
Steven Myers
Steven Myers May 29 '12
UPDATE: Joseph was spoken to over the phone to resolve any questions he had about our company.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Joseph. That's not a problem bro, what are you looking for in plan features, prices etc.
The Forum post is edited by Steven Myers May 29 '12
Joseph
Joseph May 29 '12
my biggest concern right now is the company only accepts paypal which has limited me I use google checkout and moneybookers
Steven Myers
Steven Myers May 29 '12
Hi Joseph. Please see your private message for more details.
Joseph
Joseph May 30 '12
so far my initial test run is going well had some bugs setting up but I believe that's due to issues in settings configured more for my old server I will move my main site over next and see how well things go from there I will say if the server can handle my site without issue you know it is a good service as I have struggled to maintain the almost 10 thousand users since moving to my own servers 
Mark
Mark May 31 '12
what you should do is instead of moving your live site is move a copy of the live site onto a test domain so that if it fails your not going to annoy your members anymore

Joseph
Joseph May 31 '12
I am doing that mark I have a set of steps i take such as first I moved a smaller site over to check compatibility now to move a full size copy of the big site however keep it in maintenance on the original server but honestly the only real way to test the server is to go live and have actual online users etc
Joseph
Joseph Jun 17 '12
ok well after much extensive testing I say this is awesome the host works beautifully and the staff handles any issues that arise I pay 3.95 a month for hosting plus 1 dollar for my own ip address this is all ran as my live site there were some tweaks that needed made but after that we have now been up and moving without a hitch and might i remind you guys I was crashing a vps with 2 gigs of ram and 4 cpu's now I barely use a fraction  of that due to the genius of this optimized server and its only 1 dollar the first month to try it so you can't really beat that with the power you get just use promo code DOLLARDEAL and see for yourself
Joseph
Joseph Jul 8 '12
our latest coupon we have specifically for oxwall hosting is  OXWALLSAVES  this coupon code allows you to start at only 4 dollars a month dependable hosting with no contracts also this coupon is good only for those looking to host oxwall sites