We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

directory named ..temp | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Manolis
Manolis Jan 31 '16

Hi ..I have not enough knowledge..

I have a question ..on my server..I have a Home directory ..

Within this directory httpdocs ..having means all files oxwall 1.8.1 ..

but every day at home directory..I found a new directory named ..temp ...

temp 123.453

temp 258748

temp 569239

What are all those files?

Can I delete?

to save space on server?

Attachments:
  temp.jpg (27Kb)
Manolis
Manolis Jan 31 '16
Thanks for the reply Chris

All Folders contains a backup of Home directory

i contact with server staff ..and said me.. that these are principles that has created the your application

ι will delete and seeing!!

ross Team
ross Jan 31 '16
Manolis, your request has nothing to do with Oxwall software, contact your hosting provider and request this info from them
Manolis
Manolis Feb 2 '16

Thanks for the reply ross

but was about to go crazy.. all these catalogs (temp) all contain the same thing ... a backup..all the files in my server..

I have a server yesterday EMAIL with my servers says

¨

Thank you for communication.

We would like to inform you that the files were not created by the backup our application. Indeed we perform automatic backup but our application does not create folders in the user's environment.

At this point I suggest you contact the support of the application to inform you how these folders are created as well that you can prevent your application creates.

Please review the data sent to you and if you have any other questions do not hesitate and contact us

Sincerely,

quite simply I erase until they see what happens

ross Team
ross Feb 2 '16
software does not create any tmp folder especially the level above where it is installed.