We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photo Plugin and Privacy Settings with Comments | Forum

W.C
W.C Feb 5 '16

Hello,

a user upload a picture and set the privacy to "only for friends".

so far it works fine, only friends can view it.

but... if a friend post a comment to this photo, the photo are showing at the newsfeed and is viewable for all users.

is it a bug???

with best greetings

ross Team
ross Feb 5 '16
Yes, this is a bug, we have passed it to our devs. It will be fixed asap. 
ross Team
ross Feb 5 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Marine Bat
Marine Bat Apr 12 '16
Hello, I wanted to know if this problem had been solved. Thank you! 
ross Team
ross Apr 13 '16
Marine, did you update the software  to the latest version?
Marine Bat
Marine Bat Apr 13 '16
Hello Ross, yes, I updated the software and the plugins. 

This is what I tried. I created a test user and I went to privacy and selected "view my photo albums : my friends"  then I saved. 
I uploaded a photo with the same test profile. 
Then I logged on with my admin profile and commented on the photo. This didn't appear on the newsfeed. 
I logged on the test profile and I added a new photo, then I added the admin profile as a friend. 
I came back to the admin profile, accepted the profile test as a friend and commented on the new photo : it appeared on the newsfeed. 
In order to check, I created a second test profile not related with the two others and the photo still appeared in the newsfeed as if the admin had posted it. 

So, the problem is still here. When you select "view my photo albums : my friends" if a friend like or comment, it appears on the newsfeeds and everybody can see it. 

Is there something I can change that could solve it? 

Thank you for your reply. 

(and sorry, English is not my native tongue but I try to do my best) 

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 13 '16
In other words members that run pay sites are having members freaking out over there personal information and data being mishandled. This should be a high priority. This could create law suites for site owners.
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '16
Marine, please give it sometime after you set your privacy setting for the cron to take effect and then test it again, please
The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 18 '16
W.C
W.C Apr 19 '16

the bug are still exists !

so, give it a timeline that will be fixed?

with best regards

ross Team
ross Apr 19 '16
I'm sorry but we cannot reproduce that issue anymore, please provide the exact steps how to. Also give it a time for the cron to take effect and test it, please
W.C
W.C Apr 22 '16

a user upload a picture and set the privacy to "only for friends".

so far it works fine, only friends can view it.

but... if a friend post a comment to this photo, the photo are showing at the newsfeed and is viewable for all users.

with best regards

ross Team
ross Apr 25 '16
Ch.N. you need to make sure cron has run. Run the cron manually and you'll see that the photo does not appear in the newsfeed.