We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Install 1.8.1 Fails: mysql PHP extension not installed | Forum

Eric
Eric Feb 12 '16

Hi all,

I am on my own VPS using CentOS 7:

- php 7.0.2 (php-fpm using unix socket + opcache)

- apache 2.4.6

- mariadb 5.5.44

I have disabled htaccess use but the Oxwall htaccess rules have been imported in my VirtualHost file so that should not be an issue.

When trying to install latest Oxwall version I receive the following error:

Your hosting account doesn't meet the following requirements:
  • mysql PHP extension not installed

Please correct these before you can proceed with Oxwall installation. Complete server requirements list and compatible hosting can be found at Oxwall.org/hosting

As far as I can see all should be OK for Oxwall to install.

I have another Open Source application (Osclass) which installs just fine so I am wondering if someone has come across same issue and if there's a solution at hand or should I wait for next Oxwall version?

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Steve
Steve Feb 12 '16
Go to your php.ini file and open it up and search for mysql and if it has a ";" or "#" in front of it remove it. 
Eric
Eric Feb 12 '16

No issues there Steve, still the same error during install.

Thanks,

Eric

Steve
Steve Feb 12 '16
I had a lot of trouble in the beginning getting oxwall to work right and ross kept asking me for my cpanel access and php and ftp access all I could give him was my php and ftp for at that time I was using xampp because it cost money every month for cpanel but then I found an alternative to cpanel called zpanel and when I installed it and got ever thing working in it everything fell in to place and now it works great and since you are using a linux operating system you can use the original zpanel or you go with the sentora version...myself I use the zpanelx because I am running windows server 2003.

The Forum post is edited by Steve Feb 12 '16
Eric
Eric Feb 13 '16

Hi Steve,

thanks for pointing me to zpanel, that looks interesting though I am not in need for hosting tools. I am using Webmin at the moment which is serving it's purpose. In the meantime I found the following link/info: https://ckon.wordpress.com/...ons-back-into-php-7/ which I will give a try. Seems php7 is deprecating some stuff that Oxwall still wants. :)

Thanks,
Eric

Eric
Eric Feb 13 '16

In addition, another link with php7 info regarding the mysql extension:

http://pecl.php.net/package/mysql

My thought is that Oxwall is not 100% php 7 ready yet since my VPS installation is pretty standard and the mysql extension is just not meant to be used with php 7 as also mentioned in this formal php remark: http://php.net/manual/en/mysql.php

Thanks guys, please update Oxwall for use with (default) php 7 without the need to re-compile with deprecated mysql extension.

Steve
Steve Feb 13 '16
I am sorry I didn't see it before oxwall doesn't really like anything over php 5.4...So your problem is the php 7.0.2...Drop down to php 5.4 and everything should work for you.
Eric
Eric Feb 14 '16

:)

Thanks Steve but I will wait for Oxwall to update, really should consider to update to php7 asap. I know the Oxwall software for a while now and it is one of the best out there.....

Regards,
Eric

ross Team
ross Feb 14 '16
Steve +1

Eric, we have not tested the installation and workflow of Oxwall software on php7 yet

Eric
Eric Feb 16 '16

No problem Ross though it would be cool ofcourse if Oxwall is php 7 proof :)

BTW, I did do a downgrade to php 5.5.31 and like Steve mentioned all works fine as far as I can tell BUT the FTP attributes keep bugging me when trying to update a plugin unfortunately.

There are many threads about this and I think I have read them all by now but I still am unable to update through Admin using the FTP credentials....

ross Team
ross Feb 16 '16
As to the FTP access details, you need to use the access details of the same user which you used when you installed the software and which one has to the right to edit and save the files
Eric
Eric Feb 17 '16

Hi Ross,

might be best to describe my scenario so it will be easier to help.

My VPS has vsftpd installed for FTP use, it uses 'secure' (certificate) connection and there is 1 ftp user created.

I have uploaded Oxwall files using FileZilla to my VPS /www/mydomain/public_html folder.

All folder/file rights are 775 and the root and subfolders all have the following user/group setting ftpadmin/apache.

Hope this helps,
Eric

ross Team
ross Feb 17 '16
I see, but does this user have the rights to change files and folder(edit them)?
The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 17 '16
Eric
Eric Feb 21 '16

Hi ross,

yes, at least through FileZilla I can make changes with this user...

Александр
Александр Jul 23 '18

Hosting Server Requirements

• mysql PHP extension not installed

Please correct these before you can proceed with Oxwall installation. Complete server requirements list and compatible hosting can be found at Oxwall.org/hosting

Site Database Install Plugins

mySQL 5.0

The Forum post is edited by Александр Jul 23 '18
dave Leader
dave Jul 23 '18

Quote from Александр

Hosting Server Requirements

• mysql PHP extension not installed

Please correct these before you can proceed with Oxwall installation. Complete server requirements list and compatible hosting can be found at Oxwall.org/hosting

Site Database Install Plugins

mySQL 5.0

See the RIGHT SIDE of this page for requirements.  php5.0 does not meet minimum requirements.

https://developers.oxwall.com/hosting

Rick Taylor
Rick Taylor Dec 8 '20

I have oxwall setup on my local server XAMPP PHP 7 and it works no problem. I have my live server setup PHP7.4 Mysqlnd 7.4 and all I get is blank pages. For the record my XAMMP is Windows and my live server is Linux (Ubuntu 16.04)

Have they given up after php5 ?

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Dec 10 '20

You can install the corrected version of OxWall for PHP> 5.6 (tested up to php 7.2) that you will find for free at

https://owspain.com

The plugins, we are testing them one by one, there are already about 100.

Rick Taylor
Rick Taylor Dec 12 '20

Thanks Patricia , I managed to get it set up before your reply. Working fine now under PHP7.4

Rick Taylor
Rick Taylor Dec 12 '20
Thats a shame Chris_W, there's are deprecated functions that will be removed completely in PHP8.0 which is beginning to roll out now.
Pages: 1 2 »