We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Edit text in slideshow - Omni Blue | Forum

Axel Svavarsson
Axel Svavarsson Feb 17 '16
Hello,

This theme looks good so I would like to use it, but I need to know if I can edit the texts in the slideshow - and how? 

Best regards

Axel 

ross Team
ross Feb 17 '16
Yes, you can edit the text, for now you need to go directly in the html files, but with the upcoming update we are going to add a translation plugin, so you could do that directly in the admin panel, right now in html file of the theme
ross Team
ross Feb 17 '16
I will provide you the guidance how to do that if you obtain the theme, thanks for the interest. 
Axel Svavarsson
Thank you for the quick help. 

Ok I will purchase and install - I will see if I can manage the unpacking of the pics to the right place for the slideshow to work. Do you have a quick 3-liner to help? 

Axel Svavarsson
OK, installed and unpacked and uploaded the 4 pics to "Graphics" in the Customize Theme section but with no awail. Were should I put them?   www.anonymven.dk ;
The Forum post is edited by Axel Svavarsson Feb 17 '16
ross Team
ross Feb 17 '16
Axel, you need to unpack the folder with the images in root where you software is installed. 

So this folder should be among the folders like ow_themes, ow_pluginfiles, ow_core etc. 

If you don't manage to do that again, PM me your ftp access details, I'll do that for you. 

Axel Svavarsson
Axel Svavarsson Feb 18 '16
I tryed uploading to ow_core and ow_themes - both just the images and also created a "images" folder where I put them. You can find the images there now so you can just move them instead of uploading again. Please help - ftp details are in a private message
The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 18 '16
ross Team
ross Feb 18 '16
Axel, never provide access details in the posts as this is public forum everybody can see that. 

Please check I uploaded images to the root of the software now images appear

The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 18 '16
Richard Austin
Richard Austin Jul 13 '16
Hello,

We just purchased the theme (May 24, 2016) and will finally install it this weekend and have a question per the above re the root and the ox_core location. As we are not technical people can you be more specific as to the exact directory where the up-pack should occur.

Nice theme, by the way.Thank you.
ross Team
ross Jul 13 '16
Hello Richard, 

The root of the software is the place where the folders ow_core, ow_themes and others are, so you should unpack the archive with the images there. 

Brandi renee
Brandi renee Jul 13 '16
I need some specifics too. Where do I find this exactly? I am non-technical at all...
ross Team
ross Jul 13 '16
See screenshot please
Attachments:
  Screenshot from 2016-07-14 09:10:28.png (248Kb)
Brandi renee
Brandi renee Jul 13 '16
Where is that?? In my computer somewhere? I wish that I could just install this and have it work. I should have read that I had to take all of these extra steps
ross Team
ross Jul 13 '16
This is indicated in the description of the item. 

If you pm me your cpanel or ftp access details and admin access details, I would be happy to assist you. 

Brandi renee
Brandi renee Jul 13 '16
I got it!!! Thanks
Richard Austin
Richard Austin Jul 14 '16
Thank you, Ross. The visual is perfect.

R

ross Team
ross Jul 14 '16
Great. 
You do not have permission to reply this topic