We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

php PHP 5.5 error 500 | Forum

dave Leader
dave May 26 '16
Did you check using phpinfo() to see what your actual version is?

see here   https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/47677

The Forum post is edited by dave May 26 '16
Congressfreeindian
Congressfreeindian May 27 '16
Yes, Dave. I've checked and it shows only 5.4. However, my cpanel shows it to be 5.5.

How do I install the script. I am using softacolus to install.

dave Leader
dave May 27 '16
Dont go by what cpanel says, go by what php info says.   Also i do not recommend the softaculous install.  You will get a better more durable install by installing it manually as there have been issues in the past with the softaculous install. 

But first contact your host and get them to upgrade you to php 5.5+  

who is your host?

if it is bluehost then look here  https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/47679

The Forum post is edited by dave May 27 '16
Stan
Stan May 27 '16
I am getting the 500 error at www.christianwebdate.com it was fine until i did the recent upgrade.. i do have php and have had it for a few months..

A lot of the posts here seems to be older and a different issue.

Here is the list of 'stuff'

Error details:Type:ExceptionMessage:SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'ipFrom' in 'where clause'File:/home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_core/database.phpLine:723Trace:#0 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_core/database.php(723): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_core/database.php(278): OW_Database->execute('SELECT `cc3` FR...', Array) #2 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/geolocation_ip_to_country_dao.php(92): OW_Database->queryForColumn('SELECT `cc3` FR...', Array) #3 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/geolocation_service.php(77): BOL_GeolocationIpToCountryDao->ipToCountryCode3('162.213.105.81') #4 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_plugins/advertisement/components/ads.php(69): BOL_GeolocationService->ipToCountryCode3('162.213.105.81') #5 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_plugins/advertisement/classes/event_handler.php(64): ADS_CMP_Ads->__construct(Array) #6 [internal function]: ADS_CLASS_EventHandler->addPageTopBanner(Object(BASE_CLASS_EventCollector)) #7 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_core/event_manager.php(228): call_user_func(Array, Object(BASE_CLASS_EventCollector)) #8 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_smarty/plugin/function.add_content.php(42): OW_EventManager->trigger(Object(BASE_CLASS_EventCollector)) #9 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_smarty/template_c/26e2bd8fd94cff7d9ec228b7262c8d9961c4b025_0.file.general.html.php(56): smarty_function_add_content(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #10 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(122): content_5748cdd526ab37_65479408(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #11 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(199): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #12 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(159): Smarty_Template_Compiled->render(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #13 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(191): Smarty_Internal_Template->render(false, 0) #14 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(94): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->_execute('/home/adventist...', NULL, NULL, NULL, 0) #15 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_core/view_renderer.php(101): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home/adventist...') #16 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_core/view.php(187): OW_ViewRenderer->renderTemplate('/home/adventist...') #17 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_core/html_document.php(631): OW_View->render() #18 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_core/response.php(200): OW_HtmlDocument->render() #19 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/ow_core/application.php(487): OW_Response->respond() #20 /home/adventistdating/public_html/christianwebdate.com/index.php(94): OW_Application->returnResponse() #21 {main}

dave Leader
dave May 27 '16
Hi Stan, it is better if you make your own thread sir and not jump on some elses as we need to isolate the issues and person to an issue. 

But stan as to the first error ipFrom, make sure deactivate the advertisment plugin and then install the geo location plugin that is in the store 

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1077

and then reactivate the advertisement plugin, that will take care of that issue.  Then make sure u have php 5.5+

and if you have further issues please make your own post sir, thanks :)

The Forum post is edited by dave May 27 '16
Stan
Stan May 28 '16
will do.  Thanks and that is fixed.
Congressfreeindian
Congressfreeindian May 30 '16
Hi Dave, its Arvixe (hosting provider)

The hosting guys say their server is installed with 5.4, and softacolus checks the server php version and not the domain or subdomain version.

I am not sure if I'll be able to install it manually, but will try. How much charge would someone take to install it manually?

Thanks for your responses.

dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
Hi, you wont be able to install the new version on a 5.4 server as it will not work. You will have to find a new host that has php 5.5 minimum.   Check out this hosting

https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/shared.aspx    i got it only because i wanted an inexpensive way to run my oxwall test site.  It only cost me 10.00 for the whole first year and that is NOT per month that is all year long, and oxwall runs great on it.  

The only down sides are that they require you to use your server mail instead of an outside mail for any contact form and you can only run your cron 1x per hour instead of 1x per min.  But if you have a small site that may be ok for the first year then you can change hosts or get a better plan. 

Other than that i have found no difference between this and expensive hosting i used to have.   

You also never have to pay anyone to manually install Oxwall, it is easy and ill do it for free for you if you want, its totally easy and you can do it.   It takes less than  20 min to do the set up and your done.   Never ever pay anyone to install oxwall for you it is a ripoff in my opinion. It is so easy.. 

The Forum post is edited by dave May 30 '16
Pages: « 1 2 3