We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Invalid plugin key -'_Invalid_' provided with plugin Newsfeed | Forum

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Feb 18 '16

It happened to me once with earlier versions of Oxwall.

some of the 8 tables used by newsfeed It stank, and uninstalling the plugin Newsfeed and reinstalling it was solved, but all content is lost.

This time I could not reinstall it, fails "Invalid plugin key -'_Invalid_' provided" and then does not work more than the plugin administration panel, but not displayed.

Any ideas? My network with 5,000 members is out of walls.

ross Team
ross Feb 18 '16
are you installing new plugin from the store? or the one you had on your PC?
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Feb 19 '16

I have installed the update to 1.81, I've uninstalled and reinstall failed. I have downloaded from the store and still happens the same.

All my plugins are paid and well recorded, updated and everything was working perfectly. 

ross Team
ross Feb 19 '16
How did you reinstall the plugin? 
did you remove it from your website completely and try to install new one from the store? 

or you just clicked uninstall and the plugin ended up in the "available plugins" section?

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Feb 19 '16

I uninstalled and I deleted the complete folder ow_plugins/newsfeed.

I have downloaded from the store, I have risen and still happens the same.

Not know what else to try, please help!

ross Team
ross Feb 22 '16
DId you rename tables in the database for newsfeed?
ross Team
ross Feb 22 '16
We see the duplicate newsfeed tables but with a different names like ow_newsfeed_action table is copied and renamed to ow_newsfeedbak_action
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Feb 22 '16

Yes, to keep them and not lose the contents. The problem is that you can not install the plugin again.

What I did was rename, copy them with the correct name (AUTOINCREMENT not copied), uninstall the plugin, and try to install it again and I could not.

ross Team
ross Feb 22 '16
Developers do not have time to look at your issue as they are overwhelmed with the update. 

If you're willing to wait, they'll take a look at the issue, but I can't tell you the exact time when. Because I don't know what you did so that you break the newsfeed, they need to debug. 

Also we need you to enable all kinds of error reporting, because when we install the plugin we run into blank white page, and there's an error, but we cannot see that. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 22 '16
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Feb 22 '16

It was left unable to access the network.Fails "duplicate key" in one of the tables newsfeed.Since ow_base_plugin I deactivated newsfeed.I started saved content newsfeed renaming its tables.I created a few copies to uninstall the plugin.I uninstalled newsfeed and many more to anticipate problems.I could not reinstall newsfeed.

Now I have no choice but to wait.

ross Team
ross Feb 25 '16
Patricia, our devs took a look into the issue, however there were not able to resolve fast. The case requires a lot of time of the devs, however now they are overwhelmed with work. 

The devs told me that the problem with the server - Why? even though it meets our basic requirements, something is wrong there, because even the newsfeed get installed, the langs of the plugin cannot be imported and the reason is the Friends plugin, for some reason the simplest method of this plugin, throws 500 internal server error. 

You will need to contact your hosting provider and request info regarding this error, probably then we can help you. 

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Feb 25 '16

Some have managed because newsfeed is installed and working properly.

But there are other payment plugins it is the same and I can not install.

The server is operating properly, the network takes four years working perfectly until last week.

In the same server Oxwall is installed in a subdirectory, see Sitio de prueba  and working properly.

Now it is no longer urgent, but I still need help.

I wonder if there is a virus because it also happens

ross Team
ross Mar 1 '16
Patricia, do you by any chance have  a backup of your software before you started to have this issue with plugin installation?
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Mar 2 '16

No, I have no backup.

The problem also occurs in my test site is a new installation (same username and password) with some other plugins if not, please check it there. Sending a private message.

ross Team
ross Mar 2 '16
Have you contacted your hosting provider regarding 500 internal server error?
valentina son
valentina son Mar 24 '18

Mobile apps are the hottest things when it comes to Internet marketing today. They have the power to make a business become more accessible to users with a mobile phone and an Internet connection. A Mobile App Developer in Delhi exclusive to a particular company gives out its latest news and valuable information, thus making the company stay connected to its app users all the time.