We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Slooooooooow loading times?? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
James
James Feb 19 '16
I love this software...   But good grief its slow.   What can I do to speed things up?
Simone
Simone Feb 21 '16
How many members have you?
ross Team
ross Feb 21 '16
What hosting plan do you have?
How many users?
How manu active users?
How manu concurrent online users? 

Check whether dev mode is disabled

James
James Feb 22 '16
Hi guys,  only 4 members,  the site is not live... or popular, still adding content. 

I have a shared hosting plan but it is still well below any traffic that would cause an issue. 

But im not sure how to take the site out of "development mode"   that could be the issue.

How do I do that?

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Feb 22 '16

Quote from James I love this software...   But good grief its slow.   What can I do to speed things up?

Nope,, seems fine to me: PERFORMANCE TEST RESULTS

18 Things Making Your Website Slow

20 things that could be slowing your website down

10 Ways to Speed Up Your Website – and Improve Conversion by 7%

10 Ways to Make Your Website Load Faster

Seven Mistakes That Make Websites Slow

Web Developer's Guide: How to Speed Up Your Website

7 Crucial Things That Could Slow Down Your Website Performance

OK, here's the thing, NO Social Networking script is 100% perfect out of the box, you as a webmaster have the job of optimizing your script and server, in fact this can prove a weekly task keeping your site/Script and server running smoothly, soo many of you folks w/Complaints of slow sites when instead you could be taking the bull buy the horns by searching www - wide on how to run an efficient web-site. I took the liberty in posting some helpful informational/Educational sort of links (Above),, your all welcome in advance, enjoy and best wishes to all of you in keeping a healthy running Social Network.
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Feb 22 '16
James
James Feb 22 '16

Quote from Kяuncн
Quote from James I love this software...   But good grief its slow.   What can I do to speed things up?

Nope,, seems fine to me: PERFORMANCE TEST RESULTS

18 Things Making Your Website Slow

20 things that could be slowing your website down

10 Ways to Speed Up Your Website – and Improve Conversion by 7%

10 Ways to Make Your Website Load Faster

Seven Mistakes That Make Websites Slow

Web Developer's Guide: How to Speed Up Your Website

7 Crucial Things That Could Slow Down Your Website Performance

OK, here's the thing, NO Social Networking script is 100% perfect out of the box, you as a webmaster have the job of optimizing your script and server, in fact this can prove a weekly task keeping your site/Script and server running smoothly, soo many of you folks w/Complaints of slow sites when instead you could be taking the bull buy the horns by searching www - wide on how to run an efficient web-site. I took the liberty in posting some helpful informational/Educational sort of links (Above),, your all welcome in advance, enjoy and best wishes to all of you in keeping a healthy running Social Network.

Thanks for you tips.... The site was still in developer mode.   I figured out how to take it out but found little documentation on this.  "I am new to the software"   im still learning, but I knew what I was experiencing was far more than just basic site lag. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 22 '16
Oxwall has problem of calling every css and js of every plugin on every page that does not even have anything to do with the plugin

So the more plugins you have the slower every page is and the more db calls for every page

Tune sql helps but when u have lots plugins gets to much

The more friends you have and the more you use the site gets slower and slower to the point its inposable to use the site

Try an account with 5 friends lots plugins page loads say 4 seconds if you have good server setup 10 if bad 

Then at 2000 friends then turns that to 35seconds for good server set up and over one minute for bad setup

Simone
Simone Feb 22 '16
I have account with 700+ friends....