We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Serious Plugin issues in the Store and the Developers | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
HW
HW Feb 27 '16
It is interesting to note this has been marked as "answered" instead of concerns actually addressed. This type of behavior is the aspect of Oxwall experience I am not enjoying.

On the one hand a team member insists they look at problems in the store, but when things are pointed out for them to look at that they seem to have  missed, it is marked answered because one plugin developer is having health issues.

How about some answers for plugins not made by Purusothaman Ramanujan? Are there any answers for those or about the very real complaints people (both customers and developers it seems from topics I have seen posted around here) have about the store...?

My guess is no.

It would be nice to know our concerns are being listened to rather than dismissed.

Marcel
Marcel Feb 28 '16
Indeed Tammy

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Feb 28 '16
Wait a minute....How can this be answered ?

We acknowledged Puru that he is sick, now what about other plugins which are not his and other issues we have ?..... Oxwall dont make me loose hope on you guys come on this is really unbelievable. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 28 '16
Welcome to oxwall
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Feb 29 '16
Hi Chris,

Quote from Chris_W
Quote from Webster Molaudi Wait a minute....How can this be answered ?

We acknowledged Puru that he is sick, now what about other plugins which are not his and other issues we have ?..... Oxwall dont make me loose hope on you guys come on this is really unbelievable. 
Webster Molaudi You started the topic, if you didn't mark it as answered, then simply go back to your original post, click edit and remove Answered from the title :)

DeFender
DeFender Mar 1 '16
that is why I have changed my base social platform. 
Marcel
Marcel Mar 1 '16

Tammy's right
I myself have bought hundreds of dollars plugins
half of the plugins works poorly or not be updated.

Oxwall indeed leaves many bugs that have been known for years.
But what is an alternative to Oxwall?

Now I work with SkaDate but that's also Oxwall platform

Den Team
Den Mar 4 '16

HW

Thanks for your point of view. I've sent your report to moderation team according to plugin http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/684

Please note, if you would like to report the an obvious lack of support/development for any plugin/theme, contact "Store moderation team" from Contact form. Include more details how you see the plugin is not supported for other users too. Like HW did. 

Don't use forum for this. Guys form moderation team do not search forum for such reports. 

Webster Moluadi

The topic has been marked as [answered] to indicate the official team's member response has been provided. 

Quote from Webster Molaudi +1 i think HW clearly explained our issues Den and my explanation
We are still interested to see your personal answers to questions below. As HW, unfortunately, didn't provide it at all. And the most points of your first topic are still unconfirmed.

We are still looking for constructive suggestions/ideas about solutions, which could bring more developers activities and customers' satisfaction. 

The Forum post is edited by Den Mar 4 '16
HW
HW Mar 4 '16
Den, thank you for passing on the report about that plugin and also for the information on  how to report developers who are not providing support. Perhaps this info can be clearly pinned in store itself so people know to do that instead of giving up after posting for help in the forums?

With a more obvious or clearly marked and easily accessible reporting system/link in place, perhaps store moderators would get more meaningful reports as well, which might make it easier on them to maintain the integrity of the store.

Since my previous post was not clear enough, let me try again.

I think it is quite clear that Webmaster Mouladi is not asking for every developer to create free plugins, which is how you appeared to interpret his post. The way I interpret it, he is merely asking that plugins which were at one time free should not be changed to paid and thus requiring people to pay after the fact with license checks now being triggered. If  n fact this is ocurring (and it seems Tammy has listed one possible plugin), asking that the premium (paid) plugin with more features be separate makes sense to me. Browse any app store on your mobile and you can see many apps are done that way, with a full featured paid version and a free version.

But let's not get hung up on that because I don't think it is a very common issue in the oxwall store.

I think the far bigger issue is broken, non-updated, and unsupported plugins. Such plugins should not remain in the store (unless demoted to free with a warning label on them for people to use at their own risk due to known problems and lack of support or update). Let's call this "pulling the plugin" for the purposes of this post.

Perhaps after each update to the core, the oxwall store moderators go through and look to see each plugin has been updated to support the latest version. It would be a matter of scrolling down the list and seeing which don't say the latest version number. Those that have not are contacted and get X amount of time to do so. If they still do not, their plugin gets pulled, like I suggested above.

Developers that fail to provide support in terms of fixing reported issues should just get their plugins pulled, like I suggested above.

Hopefully I make more sense now. Any other questions, Den? Anything else you found unclear in my previous post that I can clarify for you?

The Forum post is edited by HW Mar 4 '16
Anitaku
Anitaku Mar 4 '16
+1
Totally agree with all of that HW 
DeFender
DeFender Mar 4 '16
store moderators? something new. give these rights to Tammy :D
DeFender
DeFender Mar 4 '16
only words, words and nothing more :(

Don't use forum for this, go to uservoice ...

The Forum post is edited by DeFender Mar 4 '16
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 4 '16

Quote from Den

HW

Thanks for your point of view. I've sent your report to moderation team according to plugin http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/684

Please note, if you would like to report the an obvious lack of support/development for any plugin/theme, contact "Store moderation team" from Contact form. Include more details how you see the plugin is not supported for other users too. Like HW did. 

Don't use forum for this. Guys form moderation team do not search forum for such reports. 

Webster Moluadi

The topic has been marked as [answered] to indicate the official team's member response has been provided. 

Quote from Webster Molaudi +1 i think HW clearly explained our issues Den and my explanation
We are still interested to see your personal answers to questions below. As HW, unfortunately, didn't provide it at all. And the most points of your first topic are still unconfirmed.

We are still looking for constructive suggestions/ideas about solutions, which could bring more developers activities and customers' satisfaction. 

Den this is a lie any you know it store moderators will not do anything no matter how many times you report and send proof they will do nothing

3 years now i have reported younett on there scam and have shown moderators over and over proof of the scam 

what about this paru video uploader plugin
he can not fix the store item due to him being made to sign a contract stating he can never fix the plugin

now skadate uses video uploader and lots other store plugins and they all work on skadate but the oxwall store items  dont work or only half work

put 2 and 2 together and what do you come up with 

tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 5 '16

Quote from DeFender store moderators? something new. give these rights to Tammy :D
lol
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 6 '16
Top usershelf is yet another free plugin that is not paid 
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Mar 6 '16
Hi Franz,

Paypal also played in my favour many times but with Younett if hard to get a refund from them :( ..... I have 2 Puru plugins that he says he cant fix even after i bought. The Twitter widget he says the API has changed and he can't fix, the Youtube Auto Poster video Plugin he said he will fix but then he said he can't he will refund then when came to refund unfortunately he was sick and then the floods since November 2015 ( 5 months ago ). I hope since are getting better with him cause i love his work but 5 months has been too long :( to wait when 90% of your site depends on his plugins.

Quote from Franz Stollenwerk
Quote from Franz Stollenwerk I think, we ALL should report PayPal the non working scripts we purchased. Only then there is a Chance for a cleaner Oxwall and the bad developers will get a problem with paypal. But I think, there are not much customers which do that. Did anyone get already once a refund from Paypal?
Today Paypal has decided in my favor ;)

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Mar 8 '16
Hi Franz Stollenwerk

For me he said he cant fix it :( even when i said i paid for it and he said that was before the API issue so i cant ask for refund.
Elvis
Elvis Mar 11 '16
+1 here,

alot of money spended in plugins that doesn't have any support anymore or you need to pay extra money for them to fix it,amazing!!!

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Mar 14 '16
Guys this is becoming a serious problem, I got this plugin "Country Flag" - http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/543 when it was free then they started charging and the plugin is not working proper, contacted the developer and this is the response :

AND THE PLUGIN IS STILL IN THE STORE, THIS IS A TOTAL RIP OFF REALLY...THIS IS B.S.
OXWALL NEEDS TO REALLY WAKE UP AND LISTEN TO OUR CRIES WE SPEND OUR HARD EARNED MONEY AND THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE TO TELL WITH ?
Pages: « 1 2