We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Namecheap hosting policy no cron job less than 15 min | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
dave Leader
dave Feb 29 '16
Hi, 

I was just notified that my oxwall site that i set up violated the Namecheap hosting policy TOS because i have my cron set to 1x a minute.  They claim that having crons functioning any sooner destabilizes their servers. 

It was just a warning and they adjusted the time on the cron to 1x every 15 minutes for me. 

Question is - how is this going to effect my site? 

This is just a test site where i test out plugins and Oxwall itself.  So i assume the effect is limited if you can confirm that.   But also i would like to know what is the effect if this was a full blown site with all the activity of such? 

Please advise on both..

Thanks

Dave

The Forum post is edited by dave Feb 29 '16
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 29 '16
test site would be ok 
but not a production site 
ross Team
ross Feb 29 '16
Hello Dave, 

long time no see:)). 

The only effect will be like that: 

For example if cron runs every minute, the users are logged out from website after 30 minutes of inactivity. in your case it will be 45 minutes. 

Second, your users get email notifications within 5-10 minutes if cron runs every minutes, in your case there will be a delay of 15 minutes, so you're looking at 25 minutes That's all. 

ross Team
ross Feb 29 '16
dave Leader
dave Mar 2 '16
Thanks Tammy,  Thanks Ross...  yep i had to clear my brain for a while... :)  
ross Team
ross Mar 2 '16
No problem
Micaeljames
Micaeljames Dec 3 '23

Namecheap hosting stands out as a top-notch solution for individuals and businesses seeking reliable and affordable hosting services. Before finalizing my hosting provider, I thoroughly researched namecheap reviews to ensure I was making an informed decision.Renowned for its user-friendly interface and excellent customer support, Namecheap offers a diverse range of hosting plans tailored to different needs, from shared hosting to VPS and dedicated servers. Their hosting boasts competitive pricing without compromising on performance, providing robust security features, excellent uptime, and swift loading speeds. Moreover, Namecheap's intuitive dashboard simplifies website management, making it accessible for both beginners and experienced users. With a reputation built on reliability, affordability, and quality service, Namecheap hosting remains a go-to choice for those looking to establish a secure and efficient online presence.