We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

den | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 2 '16
you told me long time ago to report anyone thats delete posts 

now over the last few months ross has deleted hundreds of my posts 

please read this bs
http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/45804?page=1#post-177074

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 26 '16
if they did i think no good...how can check it?

Okey i was read the post and see now that they did...

Maybe it will happen me to soon because, i post many about the rules on oxwall store that are no good at all.

Thanks for never give up we need more people like you here to bring up problems and not stop bring them up.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 26 '16
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 26 '16
I agree I am not a fan of ross deleting post's.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Apr 26 '16
dave Leader
dave Apr 26 '16
I am not a fan of deleting posts either unless it is for security or spam or vulgar reasons and even then most of the time (not always) you just edit the post or put a post removed message for reason stated. 

However, i was told by several people that ross was told to delete those posts by his boss.   Someone else advised me that  he did so on his own.   If the latter is true then that is something that should be looked at in the company. If the first is true then in defense of ross, (and i know he can defend himself) when you are an employee and you are told to do something by your boss you do it.   We have all dealt with such situations at work. 

I used to work for AOL and quit because i could not stomach lying to people. If you have ever dealt with AOL in the past and tried to cancel your account then you know exactly what i am talking about.  Oh they called it "saves" or customer management or something like that and we got a small bonus for it. But it did not take me long to not be able to look at myself in the mirror every morning.  So within a very short time there i just packed my stuff and walked out.  And of course we know what happened with AOL back then and the upheaval which occurred.  Lets hope they learned their lesson from that debacle. 

Anyway if ross was told to do so by his boss then the point is that ross did what he was told to do, and we all know by who so as the saying goes "don't kill the messenger" don't blame ross. 

I was not there and so all i know is what people advise me from both sides and then usually somewhere in the middle is the truth.

That whole situation was way out of wack from the start. It got way out of hand and everyone needed to cool off and step away for a bit including tammy.  I have said it before that i believe that tammy has good intentions, we have had some great conversations about Oxwall and i know she has stood up for Oxwall many times in the past.    

But she is a hot head and she knows it, its nothing new, she would even admit that.  It was a perfect storm argument that should have been nipped in the bud from the start but it just boiled over and blew up.  

Lets remember this as well folks, this forum belongs to Oxwall, they run it, they own it. It is used and not used at their discretion with or without notice.   Those are the hard facts like it or not.  You can play kitty cat games all you want and "say this or say that" but those are the facts.  Oxwall has the right to terminate anyone's account or manage their account permissions any way they see fit with or without notice. 

What happened was unfortunate i wish it did not have to happen. But i also feel it was a long time coming because she was warned so many times that it was fine to state her thoughts and issues but to do so in a professional and non hateful way.  Many times we were able to calm here down and get her sensible about her verbal presentation.  She is a sensible person underneath i know this.    

Some of that hate i believe was just passion for Oxwall and her site running good and the years of issues she felt was not being dealt with properly.  But she has to understand that when people don't know you and don't have history with you, then it comes off as just being hateful with no reason. 

Oxwall is a business bottom line, and if someone "anyone" gets in the way of doing business then the business has to come first, that is the way business is. And that has to be number one above friendship or anything else.   

I was not even originally going to reply to this but i can see already its going to become another fire burning out of control so i thought it was best that i try to put some water on it.    

I would like to see tammy back at some point, i think if she is cool and collective she has some very good ideas and can offer help to others.  However if she is going to be so passionate that it comes off as hateful then i agree she needs some time away to reflect on how she is seen by others.  

This is not intended as tammy or ross or even den bashing.  But everyone of them contributed to that perfect store. Maybe ross should have handed it off to Alia, Taissa, or Daisy for the gender to gender communication aspect. Or shipped it upstairs to den to reply.  Den probably should have stepped up to the plate first person instead of having ross do the dirty work.  And tammy should have controlled her huge temper.   So they all played a part.  

We also played a part because as regulars on this forum all of you should have seen it was getting out of hand and tried to calm things down a bit.   I know some of you came close to doing that and that is great, E for effort.  But as regulars should have done more but instead many of you jumped on the ban wagon and fed the fire. 

I am sorry i was not here, i believe i could have made a huge difference in the outcome of that unfortunate storm.   The truth may come out in the end or never, who knows.  But whats done is done and its time for everyone involved to get back to work on the making of our lives.  Pouring salt on this is not going to change what happened nor is it going to resolve any harsh feelings.   Time is the only thing that can do that.  

I know time helps, because i was hurt one time in my life emotionally and financially by someone that i trusted with my very life and it came very very close to killing me literally.   I was hateful and despondent for close to 6 years after that and totally withdrew from society at large.  But in that time since then i have regained my good thoughts and feelings about life and people in general and time is the only thing that could have done that.  And time will help everyone involved in this situation as well. 

Now its time to heal and time to move on, we have sites to run, we have members to sign up, and we have issues to fix, its time to get back to business folks.  

Go get um!!!! 

Dave :) 

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 27 '16
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '16
It would probably be a good idea to lock this thread team...