We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Real testimonials | Forum

Unus
Unus Mar 14 '16
I've seen there was an initiative from oxwall team to gather testimonials, yet I can not find them.

I am at the beginning of the road and I am evaluating oxwall to see if it is good for me and my plans. 

It would be a great help for me and everyone I think, if you could please leave here a honest description about how your experience with oxwall was/is?

Please give as many details/thoughts as possible. Estimated number of users per day, number of users at peak time, the configuration used (RAM, CPU, hdd). What problems you faced, if you solved them then how? What problems you still have which is really a burden for you?

Thank you very much

Unus

Brandon
Brandon Mar 24 '16
Estimated number of users 50-70 people, can leave your positive feedback, because I am in a state of development.
Unus
Unus Mar 24 '16
Hi Brandon, thank you. When you advance in your project please come back and tell us more.
Abbey
Abbey Mar 25 '16
I've been using oxwall for 6 years... it works fine, support is a lil slow but problems get fixed and help offered in good time.

As to performance, I have no issues, I find problems only occur when you have inadequate hosting, the incorrect type of hosting account, not enough server resources etc. As long as you're willing to upgrade your server as your site grows you'll have no issues.
Oxwall is flexible and the only limits are your own.

I don't see the point of listing my site stats and usage as I feel it's only relevent if you have the same plugins and use oxwall the same way as I do.

As stated before... oxwall softwares performance is only as good as your hosting and server.
Unus
Unus Mar 29 '16
hi Abbey, much appreciated. 

as a note for those which want to share testimonials: it is useful to know the stats of your site (including the real configuration CPU, RAM, etc) although each site is quite unique in the way it is using oxwall; it is helping us learn what oxwall is capable of. the more specific you can be providing real numbers the more useful it can be. yes, these numbers might not be useful in 5-10 years but it will be here as a testimonial for the platform and its roadmap. 
thank you

Abbey
Abbey Apr 2 '16
I have 10596mb ram and currently 8 cpu..... I am using a 3rd party chat which needs the cpu when it's running off my server, when I use realtime to push my messages I can drop it back to 4cpu and the site runs fine.
That's really the only numbers I can give as I don't really pay much attention to what's happening on my site regarding numbers online etc...
Unus
Unus Apr 5 '16
thank you Abbey :)