We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Which table for user newsfeed activity? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
HW
HW Mar 16 '16
In which table can I find all content a specific user has posted to the newsfeed?

ow_newsfeed_status and ow_newsfeed_activity seem to have some, but I am not sure if all or how to sort it by user?  In the newsfeed action table, I can see when I click on the "data" column and look at the content, it includes the user's ID, but is there a better way to sort than clicking one by one through every entry to check if it is associated with a particular user?

And if a user has deleted status updates, will it still be in the table or no?  Do I have to look in a site backup to (hopefully) get them?

Sorry if this is really obvious...
ross Team
ross Mar 22 '16
if a user deletes item from the newsfeed with the status he/she made it is removed from ow_newsfeed_action table

ow_newsfeed_status table contains 3 last status made by the users from the site and if that status is one of those last three, it is not removed from there. 

To sort status updates by the user ID you need to write an sql query which you need to do on your own.