We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Credit widget not disappearing for VIP - User Credits | Forum

12Mto29r
12Mto29r Mar 23 '16

I have the box selected for users to see this widget as a free user but once the upgrade it will disappear for the VIP users, but the screen doesn't not go away. can you help. Thanks 

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 23 '16

This issue has nothing to do with the plugin functionality. It's related to the Oxwall core Widgets Privacy and User Roles features.

This widget appears for all users who have the Free role assigned. Seems the Free role is default on your site, so all user on the site have Free role and all users will see this widget. This happens for any widget, so it's better to report this issue to Oxwall  support operators.
12Mto29r
12Mto29r Mar 24 '16
One more question. I am using credits to limit how many messages or shout box post a members will make, I have a VIP member that is still being told they don't have enough credits to post to the shout box. What could be causing this? Thanks 
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 25 '16
Is the 'Post to the Shoutbox' action available to the VIP customers for free or even if  they have VIP membership, they still have to purchase credits to be able to use the Shoutbox? Please provide us with the information about the Roles and User Credits configuration, so we could understand what the problem is and provide you with the proper solution.
12Mto29r
12Mto29r Mar 29 '16

here is my credit setting 

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 29 '16
What about the User Roles settings? Also, have read this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/23395?
12Mto29r
12Mto29r Mar 29 '16
I have read that topic 
12Mto29r
12Mto29r Mar 29 '16
Here is the setting on the widget 
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 30 '16
There should be the 'Shoutbox' section in the User Role settings. 

Please try to reinstall the plugin and check if this section appears after the re-installation.

Also, please read how the User Roles, User Credits and Account types work together here:  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/23395?

You do not have permission to reply this topic