We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

will not install . www.mysite.com/install | Forum

Derek
Derek Mar 27 '16

I uploaded new copy to hostgator shared follow all instructions when I go to browser address bar type in my domain www.mysite.com/install I get the message below on a blank page

Warning: require_once(/home1/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/init.php on line 24

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home1/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/config.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php56/lib/php') in /home1/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/init.php on line 24

please help

The Forum post is edited by Derek Mar 27 '16
ross Team
ross Mar 28 '16
Did you check whether your server meet our requirements: http://www.oxwall.org/hosting? ;

What is your php version? 

Derek
Derek Mar 28 '16

Thanks Ross for your reply .. ok php 5.4 also support dude said he seen like this befor he suggested I change file from config.php.default to config.php  well I did now the page change when I try install from browser ...

.Warning: require_once(/home1/xxxx/public_html/ow_libraries/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/xxxx/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 42

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home1/xxxx/public_html/ow_libraries/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php56/lib/php') in /home1/xxxx/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 42

at least I made I little headway lol

ross Team
ross Mar 28 '16
you need to have 5.5 version see our requirements for 1.8.2 version: http://www.oxwall.org/hosting
Derek
Derek Mar 28 '16
awesome I am on support there going to upgrade right now.
Derek
Derek Mar 28 '16

lol I think I just found a problem .. this morning when I wanted the scripts the main download link was broken  .. so I read some forums and some ppl had same problem so somebody posted a link that takes you to another part of the site to download the script and I think the version or maybe just a update that I downloaded. I think this is the problem I see the main download link is now working much bigger file then the one I downloaded this morning. I will clean of my server and reload. I will let you know ..

Derek
Derek Mar 28 '16
Ok Ross ... thanks for responding to my ?? good for now I am in admin now. stupid me man all day stuck . now I can move on deleted all old files downloaded new copy up loaded to server perfect I was almost losing hope. Thanks again Bud
ross Team
ross Mar 28 '16
Ok, seems like your have downloaded the update pack not installation pack. Silly me)) should've guessed.