We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

After update to 1.4 the photos plugin doesn't work | Forum

Douglas
Douglas Jun 26 '12
Those two folders already exists in my  ow_plugins/photo/static folder. Problem still exists.

Im not too worried about it. I just back dated the plugin to version 1.3.2 and leave it.

The Forum post is edited by Douglas Jun 26 '12
Soloplayer Designs
Soloplayer Designs Jun 26 '12
i also tried what mulder said but it doesn't work, Then i tried to enable dev mode and clear my browsing cache now its working fine. thanks
Ricardo
Ricardo Jun 26 '12
Two folders - ok

777 permission -ok

dev mode -true

cache - clear

Problem still persists!

Johnny Jarrell
Johnny Jarrell Jun 26 '12
Have you updated your Java to the most recent version?
Joseph
Joseph Jun 26 '12
Quote from Douglas Those two folders already exists in my  ow_plugins/photo/static folder. Problem still exists.

Im not too worried about it. I just back dated the plugin to version 1.3.2 and leave it.

those files should already exist you will be replacing them with the new updated versions from the updated plugin
Kurt
Kurt Jun 27 '12

Quote from aka_le_Mulder Did you update the plugin via Admin area or installed it?

If plugin was updated, go and copy contents of ow_plugins/photo/static/ to the ow_static/plugins/photo/ folder. Make sure ow_static folder has 777 permissions set.

The problem is not with the plugin or update because it works flawlessly on the Demo website which means you don't have it working properly due to some specific settings of your server.

This fixed the issue on my site! Thank you! :)

@Ricardo:
make sure you have copied both folders (js/, swf/) into ow_static/plugins/photo and not moved them. It seems they are also needed in ow_plugins/photo/static :)

Thanks to both these answers my problem is solved...Thank you
Ricardo
Ricardo Jun 27 '12
Quote from Johnny Jarrell Have you updated your Java to the most recent version?

Yes, it´s updated.
Vlad
Vlad Jun 27 '12
having same photo issues after 1.4 update...I copy and content but still nothing is going on when you click the thumbs. It just seems that when click the pics there is no action set. Not sure how its working fine on the demo site though...we all got the same update. =(
Ricardo
Ricardo Jun 27 '12
Shame on ME!!!

Cleared Google Chrome cache and the problem was gone !!!

Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 1 '12
Vlad, did you check permissions?

Ricardo, sometimes the answer lies really under our feet. I am pretty sure every webmaster or developer experienced such problem solution as refreshing the page or clearing site cache ;)

Ilja
Ilja Jul 1 '12
Quote from aka_le_Mulder Vlad, did you check permissions?

Ricardo, sometimes the answer lies really under our feet. I am pretty sure every webmaster or developer experienced such problem solution as refreshing the page or clearing site cache ;)

Clearing cache help. That was known. But it is poor solution as all our repeating visitors have to clear cache. What is not a straightforward process.
Is there any way to release plugin update from the Team to force cache clearing on user side?

Adam Taylor
Adam Taylor Jul 2 '12
Thank you aka_le_Mulder that worked perfect. just the simple copying of the files got mine sorted :) 

Yves
Yves Jul 11 '12
dito ,problem solved.
Thnx

Joey
Joey Aug 11 '12
i have the same problem.

first i tried to move the files as they say in this topic, but it didnt help.

then i delete the files, and upload all new files.

cleared my cache, but nothing helps.

what can i do?

www.doenwenu.nl/dev

The Forum post is edited by Joey Aug 11 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 17 '12
Joey, so reinstallation did not help? Can you share your site URL?
John
John Aug 17 '12

ow_plugins/photo/static/

Doesn't even excist.......

I keep on getting the message that Flash 10 X must be installed whilst version 11 x is installed...

First mail isn't working...now shitt with photo's....

It's no fun......

Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 18 '12
John, I recommend reinstalling your Oxwall website since ow_plugins/photo/static/ folder _must_ exist. And if it doesn't, looks like your installation went wrong.
Stephane
Stephane Jan 3 '13
Hello, I copied all the directories, give all the rights, clear cache, desactivate the flash uploading tool, install reinstall the plugin over a fresh installation of oxwall and I can't still see all the photos after upload. I don't have any error messages... That show the preview pic in the description/tags/album form, I submit it and that show nothing. Thanks for your help.
Pages: « 1 2