We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Attention Oxwall Staff and Developers: Can anyone continue PURUSOTHAMAN RAMANUJAM's important work? | Forum

Omari
Omari Apr 5 '16
Purus is a great developer with great support. We must also remember that he is one man not a company. He has made significant and pivotal contributions to the Oxwall community.

At the moment he is unable to work on Oxwall, I am sure its due to circumstances beyond his control. I wish him the best and thank him for his hard work so far with the hopes that he will be able to return to us in the future.

Now let us move forward and get the word out to other developers to see if they are willing to take up Purus' important work on a plugin by plugin basis.

I also urge Oxwall Staff to examine any licencing issues that may arise so we can achieve continued support from other interested developers.

*Please let us only encourage positive and constructive contributions to this thread

The Forum post is edited by Omari Apr 5 '16
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Hi Omari,

I am back to Oxwall from this week and can be expected to be active as before.

I had some serious personal, financial and health issues in the last few months and I am recovering back. I am sure I will be contributing as before.

There are several hundreds notifications pending in my profile. I would request all friends to send new message from now one if you need any assistance from me for my plugins. As I could not go through all those 500+ notifications, your help is requested on this.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Omari
Omari Apr 6 '16
Great news. Welcome back!
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 1 '16
Any plugin updates for 1.8.3 ?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 15 '16
Any plugins Updates?
dave Leader
dave Jul 15 '16
Oxwall staff is going to try to contact puru directly.  Maybe we will know more after that.
dave Leader
dave Jul 16 '16
Marcus if you dont think they practice ethical business then you are more than welcome to contact the moderation team at moderation_team@oxwall.org  

Also it was not them that decided this on their own, i sent them a message letting them know about the situation where he is believed to have abandoned his store and people are buying plugins that do not work.  I am the one who submitted the request, because regardless if it is me or you or anyone, if you walk away from your store then it is best if they act accordingly.   

It confuses me that users want oxwall to act on stores that are not selling working plugins but when they do some of you come up with something else to accuse them of or complain about. Is there no making some of you people happy!!  

Dont make false accusations without proof sir.  And maybe you need to stop listening to others and make up your own mind about things. 

You know here in the USA if someone walks away from their apartment and just leaves it, the landlord has to store their belongings for 30 days. After that it is theirs to keep and sell to offset the lost rent.   If oxwall does act on his store and puru does nothing about it for 30 days, then i feel oxwall can do whatever they want with the items in the store.  They probably wont they will probably just delete them. 

I also find it hard to believe that if you think they are unethical then why do you use the software? Why not just use someone elses software that you feel is ethical?

I assure you that i have not found one single piece of evidence that oxwall has been unethical about anything.  They may take time to do things because they are a small team but that is not unethical.  

Also remember that this was not a easy choice for any of us, we all loved puru and his work, i still believe that he is a fine developer but as i said we cant allow anyone to just walk away and leave it abandoned. 

Think about the facts marcus, the fact is that he has internet access, he is active on another media site all the time, and yet he does not even log on here for 2 min to let anyone know about his status.  To me that looks like abandonment.

This is why the team is going to try to reach out to him to see what the deal is.  And we just have to wait until then to see what happens. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 16 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
dave why you not speak out 100%. you told he stay in another place all the time why you not ask him in person when he comes back manaeg his plugins. another member he was ask you to do that i promise he will not kill you if you talk with him and it always best to talk with someone in person
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
if someone told me stop help people i would feel no good in my self and i could not bee my self as a human

and i think he was a guy like that all the time

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
so something wrong here and i think only puru him self can answer that...it would bee nice talk with him on skype or contact him in another way on internet and hear what he have to say about this...but only you dave know where he is active now so maybre you can talk with him
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
another strategy with this is you need to hire a developer for update you plugins ....but like i said i could not imagine someone good can change to bad that quickly and when i read his history i know he is a good devleoper and alwlays care his buyers
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
again something smells like a dead rat here...

In Sweden we not report people or sue them like they like do in USA all the time. We sue people in sweden only if it is very seriously bigger problems. 

i think the number 1 country that like sue people is USA you can probably read it on internet

i jusr looking american tv program with a old judge women in court. that usa tv program is about how american people sue each other all the time :) very funny to look that tv program

And i have no problem with american people they have they own strange culutre with weapons everywhere like buy a soda in the store you can buy weapons in america very strange culture but again not my culture and i accept all cultures in the world as long they not make problem for me and my family off course

but this topic would bee very off topic if we should talk about cultures and politics so maybe stop here...

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
i did have to delete because i was dublicate my post with same thing over and over again

and now i was edit my post for bee more easy for you to handle

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
""Think about the facts marcus, the fact is that he has internet access, he is active on another media site all the time, and yet he does not even log on here for 2 min to let anyone know about his status.  To me that looks like abandonment.""

i agree with you here Dave it takes only 2 minutes update you status because he have not 1 plugin on the store have have 30 or 40 or is it 50 plugins? im not sure how many it is

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
I feel the story about him is very strange ......we just need wait to see now how it ends....i do not know how it ends 100%.... i can only predict how it can ends....
dave Leader
dave Jul 16 '16
Remember that court show on tv is just a court show, its not real court.  I was on one at one time to settle a claim and it is inside a studio, its not real. So dont base your opinion of our court system on that joke of a lady who thinks she is still a judge, they tell  people before you go in that they want drama.  I did not do drama so i lost my case. 

But back on topic here, yes well will just have to wait to see.  It is not my job to contact him, it is the teams job.  So i will let them handle it. 

ps.. i dont own a gun and i dont want one... i had enough of them in the army. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 16 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16

Unbelievable that someone not stop the weapon politic in USA. it is old culture that you country keeps and never stops? Maybe hilary clinton now will stop it or donald trump :)

but anyways back to topic :)

Yes i think better Team handle this but it always best talk with him in person directly...

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
Hmm yes but still same question will we need to upgrade our plugins our self in the time the developers are away...and how long will he go away? maybe if they put up a date when they will bee back then maybe it should works :) 

and if they not back updating plugins the time they was tell come back then, what will oxwall team do then? and the date should bee not possible change more then 1 time becasue easy change date all the time

dave Leader
dave Jul 16 '16
I believe they can suspend the store or just the plugins, not sure which they may do. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
I believe best is if they talk with him in person and clear things up and update us what will happen with all plugins that we all need, because suspend plugins will not help anyone and is it a easy solution to take

many people suggest someone can take over his plugins and that would bee best solution because many of his plugins are very great and are bring oxwall in the light with good features

Pages: 1 2 »