We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Looking for Responsive Theme suggestions | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Shilo
Shilo Apr 8 '16
I would like to use a responsive theme, as the majority of the people I have spoken to would like to use the Group/Blog functions which are unavailable via mobile. However I would like to be able to have my own header and background, as our site is themed for nature/spiritual/outdoorsy. Any thoughts?

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Apr 9 '16
About all of the responsive theme allow you to change the background image, and header through theme customization in the admin panel. You would just need to settle on one that meets you initial needs. I can only speak for OW Visuals themes. They have nice responsive capabilities, and good support, but there are some from others that look nice as well. If you find one, or a few you like, just contact the dev to see if that capability is there.
Shilo
Shilo Apr 10 '16
Great, thank you Darryl, I will do that. I currently use Showcase, which I really like. So easy to style all the text colours as well as background and header. So far, the ones Ive tried have been limited in the amount they can be adjusted - but I'll keep trying. I REALLY wish that Showcase was responsive. (or that I knew how to MAKE it responsive! lol)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Apr 12 '16
lol. You could, but you would have to have a strong understanding of css, and media queries. If you looked at the base css, you would probably see that there are very few, if any, media queries that target smaller device screens in the Showcase theme. If you did all of this to make it responsive, the next update of the theme would wipe it all out.
matt
matt Apr 17 '16
Check out Ross's themes. They tend to work very well, and look great.